advise on Kodak Z 740 Easyshare

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on the Kodak Z 740 Easyshare?

Is there an alternative?

I'd like to buy it.

Greetz,

G.
1 answer Last reply
More about advise kodak easyshare

    Greetings Greetz,

    I think the camera and the software are excellent.

    You can, however, use the camera without EasyShare. If thast is your
    interest, download only the camera connection software from the Kodak site
    and have the images open in whatever software you choose. There are some
    significant advantages to using EasyShare, however, so you may want to
    review our site for details.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

    To get the CCS only, go to the Kodak download page and continue on with the
    download until you get to the screen that offers a typical or custom
    install. Choose custom and select only the CCS software. Choose the Open
    command and only that program will install.

    If you are running Windows XP (83% of users are at this point) there is an
    alternative to using the KODAK Camera Connection Software, the MICROSOFT WIA
    drivers can be used in conjunction with KODAK EASYSHARE Software. This is
    also used for non-EASYSHARE cameras who's original drivers are not supported
    on WINDOWS XP.

    To determine the compatibility of the Kodak camera on WINDOWS XP, navigate
    to the following link.

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/software/dcWinXp/dcWinXpSoftware.jhtml

    1. Connect the camera to the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on the computer
    and activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    2. Open the Device Manager and click the plus(+) in front of Kodak Camera.
    The camera should be listed.
    3. Double click the camera, click the Driver tab, then Click on Update
    Driver.
    4. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click
    Next.
    5. Click "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install". Then Click
    Next.
    6. Select DIGITAL STILL CAMERA from the list and click Next.
    7. Click Finish to complete the hardware installation.
    8. Disconnect the camera.
    9. Connect the camera to the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on the computer
    and activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    10. If the Scanner and Camera Wizard automatically opens, cancel the window.
    11. Open My Computer. The Kodak camera should be listed under Scanners and
    Cameras. If the camera is not listed, follow the normal troubleshooting
    for connectivity.
    12. Right click on the camera. Select Properties, then click the Events
    tab. Select the settings as seen below. Select an event: "Camera
    connected". Under Actions, choose Start this Program:, and in the drop down
    choose EASYSHARE Software.
    13. Click OK.
    14. Turn the camera off and disconnect it. Reconnect the camera and
    activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    15. If the KODAK EASYSHARE Software or Scanner and Camera Wizard does not
    auto launch, right click the Kodak Camera icon and choose Get Pictures.
    16. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    17. If EASYSHARE Software is having trouble transferring pictures, follow
    Step 3 through 6 and use the alternate setup below which requires no Kodak
    software. Select event: "Camera Connected Under Actions, choose Prompt for
    which program to run.
    18. Click OK.
    19. Turn the camera off and disconnect it. Reconnect the camera and
    activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    20. Follow the on screen instructions and choose MICROSOFT Scanner and
    Camera Wizard. Then click OK.

    Hope this helps you out, Greetz, let me know if you want my help in the
    future.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "Vantyghem G." <vantyghem@duco.be> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone advise me on the Kodak Z 740 Easyshare?
    >
    > Is there an alternative?
    >

    > I'd like to buy it.
    >
    > Greetz,
    >
    > G.