Sign in with
Your question

CPU Problem

Last response: in CPUs
June 15, 2012 8:41:29 PM

Hello,
I am having a rough time with my CPU of late. My internet has started lagging terribly and it can no longer handle the load of internet required programs I use to run at once. Also, it is taking some programs upward of 20 minutes to start up. My CPU itself is also taking 15ish minutes to start up. I have reinstalled the programs messing up, started the CPU in safe mode and update all drivers. What is wrong with my comp?

More about : cpu problem

June 15, 2012 8:50:12 PM

The CPU is not the problem. As soon as the machine powers on, the CPU powers on. There is no 15 minute delay or it wouldn't even boot. Then you restart the Operating System in safe mode but not the CPU. Based on the only valid information (internet being laggy) I can only help that by asking about how you connect to the internet?
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 15, 2012 8:52:08 PM

jmwscout said:
Hello,
I am having a rough time with my CPU of late. My internet has started lagging terribly and it can no longer handle the load of internet required programs I use to run at once. Also, it is taking some programs upward of 20 minutes to start up. My CPU itself is also taking 15ish minutes to start up. I have reinstalled the programs messing up, started the CPU in safe mode and update all drivers. What is wrong with my comp?

Sounds like you have some form of malware taking over your PC. I would do a virus scan(in safe mode) and also a scan with MalwareBytes anti malware.

If the infection is bad enough, you may have to re-format your HDD and reload Windows and your applications :cry: 
m
l
a c 387 à CPUs
June 16, 2012 1:42:41 AM

+1^
Also, you may want to clean your system of resource wasting crap and registry errors. Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry both.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
m
l
!