How's this graphics card? Advice needed.

I'm wondering if this graphics card will be okay for my new build, I want to be able to play games like BF3 or Skyrim at high settings. I am almost to my budget but if I can get something better then I probably will. This is my first build fyi.
Here it is, and since you guys are already here, can you please rate it as well:

CPU: Core i5 2500K LGA 1155 Boxed Processor

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA 1155 Z68 ATX Intel Motherboard

Power Supply: OCZ Technology 750 Watt Fatal1ty Series Modular ATX Power Supply

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Desktop Memory Kit

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1G NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 Video Card

CD Drive: Samsung 22X DVD±RW Burner with Dual Layer Support - OEM

SSD: OCZ Technology Solid 3 60GB SLD3-25SAT3-60G SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) with SandForce 2281 Controller

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922M Mid Tower ATX Computer Case

Extras:

OK Gear 24" SATA 6.0Gb/s Round Cable - Straight to Right Angle - Black

Thank you! Also, please ONLY pick parts from Microcenters or Frys.
8 answers Last reply
More about graphics card advice needed
  1. you have a nice set up everything should work well and Good luck to ya
  2. Skyrim will work on ultra, and BF3 will work on ultra with AA. Good luck!
  3. Yes, I have a GTX560Ti and Skyrim is maxed.
    The only thing I'd change is get a bigger SSD. Sixty GB will disappear quickly. I could probably do a little cleaning, but I'm up to about 87GB on mine (Win7/64 Ultimate though).
  4. it would do amazing
  5. Onus said:
    Yes, I have a GTX560Ti and Skyrim is maxed.
    The only thing I'd change is get a bigger SSD. Sixty GB will disappear quickly. I could probably do a little cleaning, but I'm up to about 87GB on mine (Win7/64 Ultimate though).

Thanks everyone above, I guess I will go with this one then, also I will be purchasing the Gigabyte version, which one do you have? And I am a little confused about SSD and hard drive. Will the SSD replace the hard drive? Or is it something separate, because 60GB will definitely not be enough for me.
  6. an ssd will mostly just used for the OS and some often used programs and you would need a harddrive if you want to really store anything.

SSDs are generally used to speedup booting and general responsiveness of the OS and programs.
  7. I own gigabyte GTX 560 Ti, and I mind you, it gets hot quick. I'd suggest going with MSI :P
  8. I have an Asus "DCII" model of GTX560Ti. I haven't checked temps lately, but it does not get loud, so I believe it must not be getting too hot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics