Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cosmos II or Haf X?

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 28, 2012 8:58:44 PM

Hi there,

My current computer case is a bit short for quad sli (Haf 922) so i need a new case.
My qeustion is whether i should buy the Cooler Master CosMos II or the Cooler Master Haf X.
I know the big price difference, but money isn't my issue here.

Which is better
1: In terms of cooling (quad sli)
2: In terms of quietness
3: Looks (Opinions)
4: Cable management

Cosmos II:
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6792

HAF X:
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

I've really no idea which one i should choose. Some people say HAF X others Cosmos II.
Hope you guys can clear things up.
Thanks in advance

More about : cosmos haf

February 28, 2012 9:10:26 PM

1. Hard to say - Maximum PC included the Cosmos II as part of their "dream machine" last year, you might want to check it out: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/dream_machine...

2. I can't really form a favorable opinion as I haven't used either one myself - I imagine they're both about the same.

3. If we're talking looks I'd take the Cosmos II in half a second - I love the sleek look of it and all the cool features it has.

4. Again - both are about the same there.
February 28, 2012 9:13:17 PM

HAF X dust everywhere, definitely Cosmos II if moneys not an issue
Related resources
February 28, 2012 9:14:17 PM

if i could justify the price of the cosmos 2 i would have it

had a haf x before--really good case

but replaced it with coolermaster storm trooper

its coming tomorrow :D  :D  :D 

might be worth having a look at that case as i think its going to be even better than the haf x

February 28, 2012 9:24:09 PM

I recently went in search of a case and Settled for the Cosmos 2 :) 

I read reviews on the HAF X, CM Storm Trooper, Lian Li, Thermaltake and a few more. I was looking for something spacious, to support 3 video cards, 6 HDD's and sound card. I used to have and still have an Antec 1200.

I can tell you I am extremely pleased with the Cosmos 2 and it is worth every cent. The fans have 3 speed control and are very quiet. You have the option of installing 2 more fans to blow of the video cards. Cable management is great at the back. The doors are on hinges so they open like a door and clip closed. There is plenty of space between the video cards and HDD rack, about 12cm (i use gtx560ti's).

The case is very heavy but the rails make it easy to move around and the airflow is great and I think it looks great too. It is an Ultra tower, so it makes the Antec 1200 look small, I can't express enough how much space there is inside. It also probably won't fit in some places, like my Antec was in the computer "slot" under my desk, now the Cosmos sits to the side on the floor, hehe.

I hope this helps you a bit. Other cases mentioned are good, but I am very picky and I am extremely pleased with the Cosmos 2 :) 
February 28, 2012 9:35:57 PM

"COSMOS II WILL BLAST HAF X LIKE A SISI" I have both of them on my different build, both are great but looks wise and on how awesome things are Cosmos II is just Pure Cosmos, Haf X is awesome too but not on the level of cosmos, Cosmos II is just too Cosmic for the Haf X, but either way price wise, its much easier and more lighter for your pocket to buy the Haf X, but still you get what you pay for your Cosmos II
February 28, 2012 10:10:23 PM

Hypertraxx said:
Hi there,

My current computer case is a bit short for quad sli (Haf 922) so i need a new case.
My qeustion is whether i should buy the Cooler Master CosMos II or the Cooler Master Haf X.
I know the big price difference, but money isn't my issue here.

Which is better
1: In terms of cooling (quad sli)
2: In terms of quietness
3: Looks (Opinions)
4: Cable management

Cosmos II:
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6792

HAF X:
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

I've really no idea which one i should choose. Some people say HAF X others Cosmos II.
Hope you guys can clear things up.
Thanks in advance



Well, it depends on your budget? They are both excellent because they are both made by Cooler Master, The Cosmos II is newer and bigger and more expensive. I used Cooler Master products in my builts in the past and they are dependable, and durable.
February 28, 2012 10:13:53 PM

i WISH i could get a cosmos man THOSE things are SWEET i myself am getting the haf x but only cuz of price I would TOTTALY go with the comos 2
February 28, 2012 11:04:47 PM

Well seems like i'm buying a cosmos II than :D . HAF X dust everywhere i was affraid for that.. since my haf 922 has the same issue.
But anyone knows what temperatures a air cooled quad sli setup can reach? In a Cosmos II.
February 28, 2012 11:17:27 PM

First post any case related questions in this section

Second, if money isn't an issue, than why not go with a Caselabs TH-10 or something else for future extreme WC?
February 28, 2012 11:23:22 PM

well My Antec 1200 always had the video cards spinning up but now in the Cosmos with the extra fan they really don't need to spin up at all.

Good choice ;) 
February 28, 2012 11:28:01 PM

e56imfg said:
First post any case related questions in this section

Second, if money isn't an issue, than why not go with a Caselabs TH-10 or something else for future extreme WC?


Hmm personally i think that case is ugly. Beside i don't see any dust filters so all my components will die in dust.
So they ask 479$ for basically a piece of ....! Use fantasy to see whats behind the dots.
O and also im a huge Cooler Master fan, so it needs to be a Cooler Master :bounce: .
And sure there are some limits of money i like to spend on a case.
February 28, 2012 11:31:16 PM

Hypertraxx said:
Hmm personally i think that case is ugly. Beside i don't see any dust filters so all my components will die in dust.
So they ask 479$ for basically a piece of ....! Use fantasy to see whats behind the dots.
O and also im a huge Cooler Master fan, so it needs to be a Cooler Master :bounce: .
And sure there are some limits of money i like to spend on a case.

Then why not just save money and get a CM Storm Trooper?

It has dust filters all around the case and it can fit a full 240 on the top. You don't need a Cosmos 2, it's more of a luxury.

EDIT:The top 200mm fan on the Trooper is a bit loud so replace that with this
February 28, 2012 11:35:44 PM

e56imfg said:
Then why not just save money and get a CM Storm Trooper?

It has dust filters all around the case and it can fit a full 240 on the top. You don't need a Cosmos 2, it's more of a luxury.

EDIT:The top 200mm fan on the Trooper is a bit loud so replace that with this


Ye i see, it has nice looks really, but i wonder if the side panel on the left side really can keep 90% of the dust out.
I forgot to mention that i like the 'door' idea of the Cosmos II. And i read that the 'doors' are 2centimeters thick.
So basically that will reduce the noise of the fans, i think.
February 29, 2012 12:03:40 AM

Yep, the doors are thick and they also have dust filters for the door fans :) 
February 29, 2012 2:35:18 AM

both are good the problem is which can you afford? if you can afford either one of them then it's obvious to choose the bad boy,
February 29, 2012 1:37:21 PM

Tavo_Nova said:
both are good the problem is which can you afford? if you can afford either one of them then it's obvious to choose the bad boy,


Like i said, money isn't my issue here
March 14, 2012 4:37:14 PM

If you are using this case at work and office.
I recommand Level 10 GT

If you are using this case at home
Cosmos 2

why?

this is just personal review.
I had and i have both case but level 10 and level 10 gt has key lock side door and hard drive bay.
this is give me feel much safe at work and office. I am not saying there are theft out there but who knows.

cosmos 2 don't have key lock door.
just have 2 bay key lock system.
this is not what i looking for forward to having $377 case.
At the handle of case they can make one right there but they didn't.
However Cosmos 2 is very very nice case but not really good.

Level 10 and Level 10 GT also very nice case but at point of security yes this is good case.

I am hoping choose what you looking for.
March 14, 2012 5:27:12 PM

hello op

if money isint matter then check this out
www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=292&area=en

and is above 600 in newegg

features like 2 psu vertical arrangement of io ports thus hot air from gpu will go directly out and keeping it cool

it has 6 hot swapable 3.5 bays
and 9 5.25 bays and u can fit a quad 140mm rad the beast i.e. The gtx 560 radiator and much more and cost nearly twicd of cosmos ii :o 
!