How to enable 6770m

lozotheatheist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Hello everyone!

i just got my new laptop and im having a bit of an issue.

I have a Hp Pavilion Dv6 6180.

- i7, 6770m, 6gb

When i went to go play minecraft of all things i get like 18fps on all high.
this model cheaper than this can play battle field on medium 50fps...

What i think is going wrong is it is using the intel hd 3000 and not the 6770m. and i dont see anywhere were i could enable it. if i disable the 3000 everything turns to ***
the cpu idles at 2% and when playing minecraft is 10%. please help!

If you need more info please tell. i need to get this resolved before i go out this weekend to a trip.

Like that atheism statement, briljant. But maybe when we combine it we fly a building in the moon ! :pfff:

Afraid i will not be much of an help but i give it a try ;

Where did you disable the on board, bios ?

In your hardware it says you have two gpu's ?

Download gpu-z, see what that says ?

lozotheatheist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

Uhm... Gpu-z has in the drop down both but the one that shows right away when i open it is the intel.

Also, Source games: amazing preformance all high
apb: 15fps all low
Anno2070: 28fps all high

downloading bf3 atm

all running stock 1366x768

lozotheatheist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
- This is a repost my other thread wasn't getting any views. -

i just got my new laptop and im having a bit of an issue.

I have a Hp Pavilion Dv6 6180.

- i7, 6770m, 6gb

When i went to go play minecraft of all things i get like 18fps on all high.
this model cheaper than this can play battle field on medium 50fps...

What i think is going wrong is it is using the intel hd 3000 and not the 6770m. and i dont see anywhere were i could enable it. if i disable the 3000 everything turns to *** quality.

the cpu idles at 2% and when playing minecraft is 10%. please help!

If you need more info please tell. i need to get this resolved before i go out this weekend to a trip.

To determine which adapter you are using:

1. Right click on your desktop and select "Screen Resolution"

2. Where it says "Display:" Ensure that you have your laptop's screen selected (multiple displays can be connected to multiple video cards, if you do not have an external monitor attached, do not worry about this).

3. Click on "Advanced Settings"

4. A new window should pop up and the default tab should be "Adapter"

This will tell you what adapter your previously selected display is attached to.

Laptops that feature switchable graphics will need graphics card drivers provided by the manufacturer in order to have their switchable graphics configured properly.

Please note that the driver package contains drivers for both the discrete HD6 series card and integrated HD 3000, both signed by AMD. Most manufacturers also provide a package which is signed by Intel for the HD series alone, you should not install this package as it will conflict and prevent the switchable graphics from working.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions

PS: Minecraft uses LWJGL (Lightweight Java Games Library) to do most of its work, it is not accelerated and will not be impacted significantly by an improved graphics card. Ergo it will have a low framerate regardless

lozotheatheist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
To determine which adapter you are using:

1. Right click on your desktop and select "Screen Resolution"

2. Where it says "Display:" Ensure that you have your laptop's screen selected (multiple displays can be connected to multiple video cards, if you do not have an external monitor attached, do not worry about this).

3. Click on "Advanced Settings"

4. A new window should pop up and the default tab should be "Adapter"

This will tell you what adapter your previously selected display is attached to.

Laptops that feature switchable graphics will need graphics card drivers provided by the manufacturer in order to have their switchable graphics configured properly.

Please note that the driver package contains drivers for both the discrete HD6 series card and integrated HD 3000, both signed by AMD. Most manufacturers also provide a package which is signed by Intel for the HD series alone, you should not install this package as it will conflict and prevent the switchable graphics from working.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions

PS: Minecraft uses LWJGL (Lightweight Java Games Library) to do most of its work, it is not accelerated and will not be impacted significantly by an improved graphics card. Ergo it will have a low framerate regardless

Ok i have followed the steps you have told me. It shows up with intel hd.
Also, Now how do i change it from intel hd to radoen?

I didn't install any software. Thanks.

ajwadsabano

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I have the same problem here!!! You are not the only one! I have the hpdv6 beats edition and it came up with Ati Radeon 6770 HD, but i don't know how to enable it! Whenever i play a large game just like battlefield or arkham city, it lags as hell!! That means that the fps is slow, because im using the intel hd mobile graphics. Now the question is.... How to enable the ati 6770 Hd?

I also have a sticker on the laptop, written"AMD" do u have it?