Hauppauge HVR-2250 questions

joshgfeller

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Hello,

I am looking at buying the Hauppauge HVR-2250 and running it on windows 7 with Media Center. My Cable provide is supposed to support clear Qam. If I split my cable and run 1 cable into each coaxial input will I be able to watch 2 channels at the same time? Or Can I only record one while watching the other? It would be great to be able to watch 2 tv channels at once. Here is a link to the card I am talking about.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr2250.html

Aragorn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
From my reading of the product page you don't even need to split the cable to watch/record 2 channels at once the card has a built in splitter.
One note though this card can only let you watch/record channels that are over the air or in the clear, so really only the lowest cable tier.

joshgfeller

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Ok, well are main living room has a digital cable box which gets 200 channels or what not and all our bedrooms have the cable hooked directly to the tv and you get about 70 channels or (basic) cable I guess. The basic is all we are looking for with this tuner. So it sounds like it will suffice? I will try it first with only 1 coax input. Thanks for your reply

leon2006

Distinguished

This is a great dual tuner (HD Digital or Analog). Mine is the first generation card of 2250. Yes you can watch a channel and record 2 channels at a time. Provided that the one you watching is also being recorded. Always take note that the board has 2 tuner. It can record 2 at a time. You can watch one of the channel being recorded.

It is a DVR, PVR (TIVO)...

It should work the way you describe it.