How do I reset the 'Your case has been opened' msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

5to1baby1in5

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2001
I have a Dell Precision 220 and get a message warning that the case has been previously opened (BOIS) when I start it up. How do I reset this so I know if the case has been opened again.

Thanks

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The way it detects whether the case has been opened is when the circuit has been broken or not. Whenever the case is closed, you will have a complete circuit; when open, you have an open circuit. Whenenver you have your case closed again you would have reset the switch already.

-------------
This site is cool.

5to1baby1in5

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2001
The message doesn't say the case 'IS' opened, it says it has been previously opened (the case is already closed again). Anyone else?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Sounds like you need some O-level calibration on that machine. Go hunt down the biggest ball-pin hammer you can find, and start whalloping things until you get some results/satisfaction. Start where you think the sensor is, and move in a spiral pattern.

Works for me, anyway.....

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Seriously, you have to reset it in the bios. You have to go to the section on monitoring for case being opened and set that to ignore. Reboot once into the OS. Then reboot, going back into the bios, and then resetting it to monitor the case being open again (that is, if you want it to).

Oh, and please don't ask me how to get rid of that applet about not being shut down properly. I had to delete that from the registry to shut that off. The PC came that way.

Chillychat

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Ladies & Gentlemen

Answering the "your case has been opening" error message, This just happened to me. My resolution was simple: Do a CONTROL, ALT and DELETE and reboot the system, simultaneously pressing the DELETE KEY until you get to the system SETUP MENU. Go to OPTION 7 (LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS) that's the option number on my system. Press F10 (SAVE SETTINGS) or if the system asks if you want to save the settings reply with Y or YES. The system will reboot normally. You should not receive the error message "your case has been opening".

Note: I used this resolution option not only for the error message above but I also had an unusual light "beeping" sound at the same time when I initially powered on my system. Again the resolution option above worked successfully.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks

Festus

G

also, try looking for the "Chassis Intrusion" option in your BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.