GSM SIM Emulation

I would like to be able to use three different (lines) subscriptions from
three different carriers on the same phone.

a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or

b. Have the relevant information that is stored on the SIM's that the
network requires on an MMC or flash memory within the phone.

Is this possible?
6 answers Last reply
More about emulation

    I wrote (6/8/2005 10:43 PM):

    > I would like to be able to use three different (lines) subscriptions from
    > three different carriers on the same phone.
    >
    > a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or

    Swap as many different SIMs in and out as you wish. So long
    as the phone is not "locked" to a single carrier and so long
    as it supports the frequencies of the various carriers whose
    SIMs you are using, there should be no problem with this
    approach.

    --
    RJW

    Thanks Rich.

    "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I wrote (6/8/2005 10:43 PM):
    >
    >> I would like to be able to use three different (lines) subscriptions from
    >> three different carriers on the same phone.
    >>
    >> a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or
    >
    > Swap as many different SIMs in and out as you wish. So long as the phone
    > is not "locked" to a single carrier and so long as it supports the
    > frequencies of the various carriers whose SIMs you are using, there should
    > be no problem with this approach.
    >
    > --
    > RJW

    Thus spaketh I:
    > from three different carriers on the same phone.
    >
    > a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or
    >
    > b. Have the relevant information that is stored on the SIM's that the
    > network requires on an MMC or flash memory within the phone.
    >
    > Is this possible?

    In the UK it is easy to get hold of dual and triple SIM holders, you can then
    switch between networks. I'm sure these items should be available outside the
    UK.

    On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, at 00:56:19 [GMT +0100] (09:56:19 Saturday, 2 July 2005
    where I live) "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote:

    > In the UK it is easy to get hold of dual and triple SIM holders, you can then
    > switch between networks.

    "Switch" as in by software, or as in by physically moving the chip, etc?

    --
    Drive A: not responding... Formatting C: instead

    I bought a SIMDoctor Multi-SIM in Hong Kong which read and "cracked" each
    SIM that I put into the reader -and then wrote the data to a single SIM
    (provided)

    The company that produce the software (at least) is a company called
    MultiNumber Inc

    It is possible to use a single SIM for several different carriers, but I do
    not know the effect of these damnable "SIM UPDATE" texts that arrive on UK
    Orange

    Regards Chris

    Thanks for the tip. It would be better to use a SIM server.

    "Chris Burkill" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a SIMDoctor Multi-SIM in Hong Kong which read and "cracked" each
    > SIM that I put into the reader -and then wrote the data to a single SIM
    > (provided)
    >
    > The company that produce the software (at least) is a company called
    > MultiNumber Inc
    >
    > It is possible to use a single SIM for several different carriers, but I
    > do
    > not know the effect of these damnable "SIM UPDATE" texts that arrive on UK
    > Orange
    >
    > Regards Chris

GSM Phones Emulation