GSM SIM Emulation

Last response: in Technologies
Share
June 9, 2005 2:43:37 AM

I would like to be able to use three different (lines) subscriptions from
three different carriers on the same phone.

a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or

b. Have the relevant information that is stored on the SIM's that the
network requires on an MMC or flash memory within the phone.

Is this possible?

More about : gsm sim emulation

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 7:03:41 AM

I wrote (6/8/2005 10:43 PM):

> I would like to be able to use three different (lines) subscriptions from
> three different carriers on the same phone.
>
> a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or

Swap as many different SIMs in and out as you wish. So long
as the phone is not "locked" to a single carrier and so long
as it supports the frequencies of the various carriers whose
SIMs you are using, there should be no problem with this
approach.

--
RJW
June 11, 2005 7:06:35 AM

Thanks Rich.

"Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I wrote (6/8/2005 10:43 PM):
>
>> I would like to be able to use three different (lines) subscriptions from
>> three different carriers on the same phone.
>>
>> a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or
>
> Swap as many different SIMs in and out as you wish. So long as the phone
> is not "locked" to a single carrier and so long as it supports the
> frequencies of the various carriers whose SIMs you are using, there should
> be no problem with this approach.
>
> --
> RJW
July 2, 2005 4:56:19 AM

Thus spaketh I:
> I would like to be able to use three different (lines) subscriptions
> from three different carriers on the same phone.
>
> a. Either have three different physical SIM's, or
>
> b. Have the relevant information that is stored on the SIM's that the
> network requires on an MMC or flash memory within the phone.
>
> Is this possible?

In the UK it is easy to get hold of dual and triple SIM holders, you can then
switch between networks. I'm sure these items should be available outside the
UK.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:53:49 PM

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, at 00:56:19 [GMT +0100] (09:56:19 Saturday, 2 July 2005
where I live) "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote:

> In the UK it is easy to get hold of dual and triple SIM holders, you can then
> switch between networks.

"Switch" as in by software, or as in by physically moving the chip, etc?

--
Drive A: not responding... Formatting C: instead
Anonymous

I bought a SIMDoctor Multi-SIM in Hong Kong which read and "cracked" each
SIM that I put into the reader -and then wrote the data to a single SIM
(provided)

The company that produce the software (at least) is a company called
MultiNumber Inc

It is possible to use a single SIM for several different carriers, but I do
not know the effect of these damnable "SIM UPDATE" texts that arrive on UK
Orange

Regards Chris
August 13, 2005 12:25:25 AM

Thanks for the tip. It would be better to use a SIM server.

!