New build trying to decide on case.

pedalbike

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hi all,
I recently upgraded my computer and am trying to decide on a new case (or to not upgrade)
I currently have a COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 and planned on buying new fans for it. As I would already be spending some money I figured I could get a case with a few decent fans in it already for slightly more. I don't want to spend more than $100 usd. I am mostly considering Corsair Carbide Series 300R and NZXT Phantom 410. My main concern is getting a case that will increase my cooling (air only) for a good price to performance ratio. Any advice on these cases or anything similarly priced would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

loops

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Both cases you picked would make my list. If you wanted to spend less on the case to put money on fans I'd also have you look at the HAF 912.

Have you considered modding your Centurion? I think it has potential, window mod, maybe change front panel lights (if you can solder). Some fans with lights for bling - becomes a whole new case (and it's kinda fun). These window kits look very professional once installed (I put one on my Rosewill Challenger).
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g44/c355/s913/list/p1/DIYMod_Parts-Window_Kits_-_Molding-Clear_Windows-Side-Page1.html
not real easy to install but the effect is worth the effort (IMO).

popatim

Titan
For that same $100 you can get a haf 932 Advanced but its refurbished by CM.
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/haf-932-advanced-black-steel-plastic-and-mesh-bezel-atx-usb-3-0-full-tower-chassis-refurbished/

Ladamyre

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I'm planning on getting the NZXT Switch 810. YouTube has a bunch of reviews on it.

I like the filtered air intakes, the car reader and the hot-swap bay features. I admit I'm a dirty bachelor and don't dust or vacuum the carpet enough which is why I like the filtered air intakes the most.

Nevertheless, it is a huge case with lots of very good air management and today, if you want to be future proof, good air management is a primary concern.

beethree

Honorable
May 23, 2012

I have a full size Phantom and I LOVE IT! I built a computer for my best friend and he picked the Phantom full tower black and I liked it as soon as I saw it, so got mine white with red trim.

If both have the fan options you are looking for then I would say it is down to aesthetics, and personally, I like the Phantom series the most.