Sign in with
Your question

Need a new case for my computer

Last response: in Systems
February 28, 2012 9:26:52 PM

Hello!
I'm looking to buy a new case for my computer. What im looking for is a midi tower and should be silent. What i really want is the "Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi Tower" but i'm not sure it will work for my system.

System:
asus p8z68-pro
2x560 ti twin frozer II (the fan gives quite much heat into the case)
2600k watercooled, (a radiator that fits the Obsidian case or a case you recommend - need it to be as big as possible)
8 gb 1866mhz ram
1 x ssd
1 x 3.5" hdd

I'm not sure if the Obsidian case will work cause of the gpu's, Some help would be great :) 

More about : case computer

February 28, 2012 9:39:09 PM

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ***ATX*** Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Corsair Obsidian 650D Aluminum Mid Tower ***ATX*** Enthusiast Computer Case - Black CC650DW-1

Your Keyword is ATX. Yes it will fit. I have two 6950's on crossfire that fit into a Mid tower like that one. However, if you are worried about space get a Full size tower.
m
l
February 28, 2012 9:42:18 PM

maldik said:
Hello!
I'm looking to buy a new case for my computer. What im looking for is a midi tower and should be silent. What i really want is the "Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi Tower" but i'm not sure it will work for my system.

System:
asus p8z68-pro
2x560 ti twin frozer II (the fan gives quite much heat into the case)
2600k watercooled, (a radiator that fits the Obsidian case or a case you recommend - need it to be as big as possible)
8 gb 1866mhz ram
1 x ssd
1 x 3.5" hdd

I'm not sure if the Obsidian case will work cause of the gpu's, Some help would be great :) 

It seems to me that you are going SLI, Why not get Full tower ATX, more rooms, more system fans, lot space for water cooling and for future upgrades.

Look at this link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2012 10:01:17 PM

Mobo you have is for a mid ATX. Adding more height (Full tower) on the case will not significantly make a difference unless you are planning to replace your mobo and add a bunch of upgrades that will probably cost more than building a new PC. Standard cases are all the same width.
m
l
February 29, 2012 9:27:11 AM

I was thinking about the heat, i want a light and small/ good looking case that can run two cards in sli without overheating. I have to have the door open on the case im using now cause of the gpus, and thats too much noise for me.
m
l
February 29, 2012 2:32:20 PM

maldik said:
I was thinking about the heat, i want a light and small/ good looking case that can run two cards in sli without overheating. I have to have the door open on the case im using now cause of the gpus, and thats too much noise for me.

The corsair obsidian case does not have vents/attachments for side fans. You need side fans to cool your SLI set up. I have this case:

Cooler Master SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Storm Scout ATX/MATX/ITX Mid Tower Case (Black)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00243HHNY/ref=oh_o05_...

And Installed two of these on the side panel:

NZXT 120mm Performance Case Fan FN 120RB (Black/White)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039825LM/ref=oh_o04_...

That case has 2 140mm fans included (bottom front and back top). You need to make sure that Front and Side Fans push air IN and rear and top fans push air OUT to create a vacuum and ensure cooling efficiency.

Air cooling is not a matter of the number and size of your fans, it is the art of efficiently vacuuming the hot air out while pushing the same amount of cool air. Air traps will over heat your pc in no time.

I am running 2 6950s on crossfire and have never overheated them. I think your problem in a combination of the lack of side panel fans and inefficient air set up.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 29, 2012 6:59:42 PM

I know I say it a lot, but you ought to give the Raven 3 a look.
m
l
!