smithdp1

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hi I am very interested in building a system like this image. I have always built my own computers in the past. I am A+ certified and network pro certified. This image just has me stumped. Can someone please help me out? It also appears that there is one mouse and keyboard??

forex-compter-wall.jpeg

g-unit1111

Titan
Even on an Eyefinity setup - like say a dual 7950 setup - at most you're able to run 3 x monitors off a single card. To achieve a 12 monitor setup from a single system you'd need 4 x ATI Eyefinity cards and setup the monitors 3 per card. You could not control each monitor separately from the single keyboard and mouse - one per system.

Grady56

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I've never even heard of more than 4-5 Monitors being run on One PC, But I Would guess that you could probably Get 2-3 ( Obviously, There going to need an SLI Configuration/CrossfireX || I would probably base each PC around Graphics performance, So UNLESS your not on a budget, skimp on everything but the Graphics card/Mobo/CPU ) PC's. I don't even know If I'm approaching your question in the right manner, mainly because there would be a lot of "Technicalities" on making a setup like you pictured.

ALL IN ALL: I think it would take multiple PC's to run that kind of setup and it would be OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive ( well, at least for me, because i'm 16 and money doesn't come easily! XD ) But hey, if your willing, and have the money to do it, By all means, DO IT!

I could try and help you if you had any questions :)

g-unit1111

Titan

The 6990 for sure did but that's been discontinued. The only thing I can think of that would come close - Maybe the Fire Pro V7900: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195107

Run 3 of these in a Tri-Crossfire configuration - you're set.

Could be - you'd still have one keyboard and mouse controlling each terminal setup though.

xchalasx

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011

What for? I mean... seriously. Unless you plan to do what that guy is doing, but you could achieve it with 3 large HDTVs/monitors and sets of windows with traditional hardware.

If you don't know what to do with your money, please donate it to charity instead of wasting it on a Mega-overkill set up that will probably not get used after a week.

xchalasx

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011

Who/what companies would buy this kind of set up when Large screeens are more affordable and easier to set up? Even stock brokers are ditching multiple monitor set ups for large screen. Companies always look for efficient solutions and this is not one. In addition, this has no entertainment value for a private party.

I am curious.

netops07

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
The setup you posted is very common in NOC's, network Operations Centers. There are several technologies that allow this and none of them are cheap. You typically have a specially designed appliance with various addon modules that allow for specific functionality. The last one I dealt with with was a 4x3 wall running 61" mitsu screens for a NOC in Northern VA. the technology we used had a central appliance behind the video wall and modules that fed different video sources via CAT5.

4745454b

Titan
There is the eyefinity 6 edition 5870, but good luck finding one of those. There are 6 series cards that support 5 or 6 monitors per card. You'll have to use Display Port (DP) to do this. You don't enable CF btw. We should be getting DP hubs at some point that will enable more monitors with less cards, but they aren't available yet. I think its called DP1.4a? I might be thinking of something else. Do some digging. Not cheap, but cheaper then a lot of other options.

mdjpinto

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
in theory you can get up to 48 monitors out of the same PC because the limitation is the budget and the purpose of the system itself. Just spread the load across the system. Let me give you 2 examples:

a)Gaming or 3D rendering:
2 firepro v9800 (pci)
16 Matrox TripleHead2Go (usb)
makes
16*3= 48 monitors up to 1920*1200

note: *this allows eyefinity across the 16 outputs, your machine would still recognize 16 screens BUT each screen would be 5760*1200.

b)Data-Video:
4 nvs 510
16 Matrox TripleHead2Go
16*3= 48 monitors up to 1920*1200

Budget budget budget!