Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Corsair Tx-750 vs Antec HCG-900

Last response: in Components
Share
June 16, 2012 2:25:33 AM

Hey there people,

Im stuck

you see i originally wanted the corsair tx-750. because it is a trusted brand and it was enough power.

but now i see the antec hcg-900 is only $9 more. it is a 900w power supply with multi-gpu support. in simple terms im future-proofing myself.

corsair tx-750
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Antec hcg-900
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

You see is corsair that much of a trusted brand that for 9$ I get so much more

Antec HCG-900
Features:
900 watts of Continuous Power
NVIDIA SLI-Ready certified, ATI CrossFire certified
80 PLUS Bronze certified - up to 88% efficienct
Quad High Current +12V rails with high maximum load for better graphics card compatibility
Quiet 135mm double ball bearing cooling fan with low start voltage
Four gold-plated 8 (6+2)-pin PCI-E connectors for multiple-graphics card configurations
All Japanese brand capacitors for reliability
ATX12V version 2.3 and EPS version 2.91 compliant
Gold-plated High Current terminals for optimal conductivity
Universal Input - works on any 100V - 240V grid
Active PFC with PF: 0.99 - less harmonic pollution, greater efficiency


Corsair Tx-750
features:
i cant copy paste so ill type.
750w of power
NOT sli and crossfire ready.
80 plus bronze
SINGLE +12v rail
120mm Fan

and thats it please help im going CRAZY!!!! :pt1cable: 

Best solution

a c 76 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 2:36:02 AM

Whether it says so or not (certification requires paying Nvidia and AMD to do so), the Corsair absolutely CAN do SLI/CF, and comfortably. It has 4 PCIe connectors, so that right there is multi GPU compatible and 750W is plenty for almost any SLI/CF setup.
Share
Related resources
June 16, 2012 2:41:07 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Whether it says so or not (certification requires paying Nvidia and AMD to do so), the Corsair absolutely CAN do SLI/CF, and comfortably. It has 4 PCIe connectors, so that right there is multi GPU compatible and 750W is plenty for almost any SLI/CF setup.

yeah ok so corsair can support multi-gpu's but is 750w enough to run two gtx 570s? thats why 900w might be better?
m
0
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 2:44:55 AM

tuganu said:
yeah ok so corsair can support multi-gpu's but is 750w enough to run two gtx 570s? thats why 900w might be better?


I think 750W would do it, but if you want to OC the cards any, I would recommend 850W or above, so yeah, I guess go with the Antec, IF you're absolutely certain you will SLI some day.
m
0
l
a c 694 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 2:47:15 AM

tuganu said:
yeah ok so corsair can support multi-gpu's but is 750w enough to run two gtx 570s? thats why 900w might be better?

For the extra $9 go with the Antec!
m
0
l
June 16, 2012 2:47:50 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
I think 750W would do it, but if you want to OC the cards any, I would recommend 850W or above, so yeah, I guess go with the Antec, IF you're absolutely certain you will SLI some day.

well im not THAT ceartain but 9$ for some pretty good futureproofing seems GREAT! I mean does the corsair have anything better than the antec for me to want it more?
m
0
l
a c 694 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 2:50:51 AM

No, both are great recognized quality brands that are trusted.
m
0
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 2:51:50 AM

I would take the HCG Series over the TX Series, but again both will work regardless of setup.
m
0
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 2:52:15 AM

tuganu said:
well im not THAT ceartain but 9$ for some pretty good futureproofing seems GREAT! I mean does the corsair have anything better than the antec for me to want it more?


Nah, for $9, it's pretty much a win-win situation, lol. It'll just be less efficient than it can be early on without the second GPU because it'll be WAY more than what you need to begin with.
m
0
l
June 16, 2012 2:53:05 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Nah, for $9, it's pretty much a win-win situation, lol. It'll just be less efficient than it can be early on without the second GPU because it'll be WAY more than what you need to begin with.

ok well thanks for the help and i think you are the best answer
m
0
l
June 16, 2012 2:53:23 AM

Best answer selected by tuganu.
m
0
l
June 16, 2012 2:54:00 AM

rolli59 said:
No, both are great recognized quality brands that are trusted.

okay thanks for the help
m
0
l
a c 76 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 2:56:07 AM

Just to clarify, I meant go with the Antec for only $9 more. But thanks for the B.A. :) 
m
0
l
!