Solved

Thermaltake TR2 BlackWidow 850w

I bought a Thermaltake TR2 BlackWidow 850w on sale at bestbuy for $129.99 USD, and after reading some reviews here and there
I am starting to think maybe I should return it for a full refund while I can (Tomorrow is the last day I can return it to BestBuy and get full refund). So I already know what PSU I want to get, and I know it'll be better. But I just want some insight as if I should keep the TR2 BlackWidow, or just get the one I want (Corsair HX850W).

*THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PSU I SHOULD GET, IT'S A THREAD FOR YOU TO TELL ME ABOUT THE THERMALTAKE 850W*
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about thermaltake blackwidow 850w
  1. TT is only so so in PSU's could not find a decent review quickly for that unit so I suggest returning it since you can!
    I know of plenty better choices if you want?
  2. I will go one better and say it's junk. It's also completely overpriced. At least most trash models are priced what they are worth. That one should be in the ~$50 range. Even at that price I would never recommend one.

Notice where the TR2 and TR2 RX are listed.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

The do not buy under any circumstances and replace it immediately if you do have one list.

Since you don't want any recommendations I will just list the brands you can trust. Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec. It's hard to go wrong with any of those brands.
  3. Wow, rolli59 congratulations on the upcoming master! You should hit it tonight or tomorrow right?
  4. anort3 said:
    Wow, rolli59 congratulations on the upcoming master! You should hit it tonight or tomorrow right?

Probably tomorrow!
  5. Well congratulations.

Sorry to go off topic in your thread OP. Rolli59 will be one of only 2 people on these forums to reach the 150,000 point mark and that is pretty impressive. I think it should be 3 but Mousemonkey had some issues with points going backwards or something. But still, being number 2 out of 771,532 users is pretty awesome!
  6. This is my thread not his!!!!! Im just kidding lol, congratulations rolli! Thanks for the help guys, I literally hit my 30th day tomorrow at bestbuy to return this POS, so I needed the answers now and you just iced the cake on my thoughts. Thanks again.
  7. Best answer
    Thanks guy's!
    OP good thing that you actually looked it up and that you can return that POS.
  8. Best answer selected by jpardo2.
  9. My TR2 RX 850w has survived for 5+ years and three builds starting with a Phenom II X4 955 and dual 5870s, an FX-8120 build, and now an FX-8320 @ 4.74Ghz and dual 270Xs without ever so much as a hiccup--I guess I just got lucky :/
  10. im going on 6+ years with mine. and have never had a problem. i've left it on for 120+ days and many 10+ days, works good for me!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Reviews Thermaltake Components Product