Seasonic gold for 120 or corsair 750 watt with 10%off

Wastert67

Honorable
May 5, 2012

lycros

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
Well if you're trying to save money, the Corsair. But the X750 is a great PSU and worth the money, I've owned one for about 9 months now and it works great, it has a hybrid fan mode, so it runs in a fanless operation until it is at about 20% load or something and even when it starts spinning it pretty damn quiet, much more quiet than any other fans I have.

D

Deleted member 217926

No. Vengeance is better than XMS. I guess by lp you mean low profile? Make sure you get the low profile stuff if you get an aftermarket cooler or you may have clearance issues. Any GSkill Ripjaws will also fit under an aftermarket cooler.

sapreaper

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2007
IF i may... that is not 100% correct. He will not NEED 700-750w... the TX650 can rock dual gtx680's in sli, with an i5, 2 sticks ddr3, 2 dvdrws, 2 SATA hdd's, bunch of fans, leds, etc.
and 670's are much lighter on power usage. the reason to go to 750w would be to make it last longer with cap aging etc. With that 650 i already figured in 10% extra for aging.

D

Deleted member 217926

Going by the manufacturer recommendatons. Since they assume a generic power supply, of course you can go with less BUT , if you are going to overclock everything it's a good idea to stay close ( +/- 50w ) to what they recommend. You might CAN run a 2 x GTX 680 system off a 650TX but that does not make it a good idea. It's just insane to run a $1000 worth of cards off a power supply that's 150 watts less than recommended. Especially factoring in overclocking. No sense in unning your PSU at 90% load.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1891/12/

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Most people go crazy with the power supply I totally agree. You would not believe how many threads we get asking if a 1000w power supply is enough for an HD 6770.

sapreaper

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2007
lol agreed. I was stating it as vanilla and no overclocking whatsoever :)
ReAp.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I own the seasonic psu. It's a luxury psu. The only small problem there is that when windows loads, or a game loads, you might here a coil whine noise like a little "tssss" noise sometimes, that's not that loud. This however occurs with many psu's, like the corsair one you were showing. Search "coil whine" on youtube to hear the noise.

However a psu like that for 120 is a STEAL, I'd get it if I were you, but it's your choice.

You have to think like this, more luxury for 120 or save money?

The seasonic is modular, which is EXTREMELY useful. It is also gold plus, meaning, it saves you more energy.

I'd go with the seasonic. You are lucky to get it for 120, I bought mine for 110 six months ago and never found it to be cheap until this new deal.