Now Major League Baseball 2K5 early too!

smart move putting the second place team on the box art.

i'll take MVP just because of that move.

Second team? The Yankees are the third or fourth team.

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Yep. It's my pic over MVP, though together, they cost $50. LOL
>
> Jonah Falcon

Because you have played both or either for that matter?

"John Lemings" <lmngs@msn.com> wrote in message
> Second team? The Yankees are the third or fourth team.

Not really. Anyone who calls what the Cardinals did in the WS worthy of 2nd
place knows nothing about baseball. The World Series happened 1 1/2 weeks
before they played the Red Sox.

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Yep. It's my pic over MVP, though together, they cost $50. LOL
> >
> > Jonah Falcon
>
> Because you have played both or either for that matter?

psssst......
me guessing he is one of those "ya know what" guys

Yes, really. The Cardinals choked for sure in the World Series, but
Boston was nigh unstoppable. I believe the Cardinals would have beaten
the Yankees. The Yanks pitching was horrendous and the Cards would
have teed off on them.

Just my opinion.

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:52:52 +0100, "Green Shampoo"
<Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote:
>Did you ever go over to the Patriots or Eagles usenet groups? They were full
>of Pats trolls saying "The score will be 88-0.")
>The only conclusion I came up with is that 90% of their "fans" are ignorant
>bandwagon jumpers. I can probably name more NE players than most of their
>"fans."

Never, ever judge any group of people by what you see on usenet. The
pats and eagles newsgroups came to a grinding halt because of a few
loud idiots; there's actually a lot of intelligent conversation going
on over in the pats newsgroup now that the trash talking has died
down. I stopped reading it for the two weeks before and after the
super bowl.

As for bandwagon jumping, the first sellout in their current home
sellout streak came in the last game of a 4-12 season, 11 years ago or
so. Take that for what it's worth.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:56:37 +0100, "Green Shampoo"
<Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote:
>Oh I'm not saying there's anything wrong with picking the Pats big. I'm just
>saying there are tons of Patriots "fans" who are clueless on the game of
>football.
>They're the type of person you could ask "Who's your favorite team?" Their
>response would be "Let me check the standings first."
>I've met plenty of great loyal Pats fans. Its just that they are overwhelmed
>by bandwagonners that give the rest of them a bad name.

This happens whenever a team has a great amount of success though...
there are always the core group of fans who stick with them always. I
went to almost every Patriots home game in the 80's into the 90's
(then I moved)... I saw a lot of BAD football (and some good football,
but mostly bad). It's made the championships that much sweeter.

While we've certainly picked up a lot of bandwagoners these past few
years, NE sports fans are fanatical enough that I bet we'll keep most
of them for life, no matter what happens from here on out (not
counting frontrunners who aren't from NE and only root for good
teams... I have no respect for them; they were probably Yankee and
Laker fans until this year).

I'm from a generational Pats fan family though; my dad was at their
first game and had Pats season tickets when they played at Fenway. So
my perspective is probably skewed, some might say biased :)

To keep it on topic (too late!), my Patriots just beat the Seahawks in
Super Bowl XL in ESPN NFL 2K5. The game got a lot easier when I
discovered that no one seems able to defend slants across the
middle... especially when they play 15 yards off my receivers.