iPod photo and digital camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 2, 2005 6:43:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

I am still not completely clear on the camera adapter. Will I be able
to take pictures directly onto the iPod (using the iPod in place of a
CF card)? I use a Fuji S2 and having a 60GB 'memory card' would be
very nice. Is this how it works, or do I have to transfer the pictures
to the iPod after I take them?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:10:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <1117705409.821119.116060@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
ckacosta@hotmail.com wrote:

> I am still not completely clear on the camera adapter. Will I be able
> to take pictures directly onto the iPod (using the iPod in place of a
> CF card)? I use a Fuji S2 and having a 60GB 'memory card' would be
> very nice. Is this how it works, or do I have to transfer the pictures
> to the iPod after I take them?

Yes.

Your camera has a Firewire interface. You plug the camera into the Mac's
Firewire port and iPhoto should launch automatically (1) and ask you if
you want to import the photos. The only exception would be if you're
shooting RAW images, but Fuji should have sent some software that you
can install on the Mac to allow iPhoto to recognize the RAW images, as
well.

(1) This is the default behavior. If it doesn't automatically launch
iPhoto, launch iPhoto manually and then connect the camera. Or, go to
Applications>Image Capture and select 'Preferences'. There's a setting
you can change to make iPhoto launch by default - or turn this feature
off.
June 2, 2005 11:16:08 AM

<ckacosta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am still not completely clear on the camera adapter. Will I be able
> to take pictures directly onto the iPod (using the iPod in place of a
> CF card)? I use a Fuji S2 and having a 60GB 'memory card' would be
> very nice. Is this how it works, or do I have to transfer the pictures
> to the iPod after I take them?

From what I see you have to transfer photos after you take them but rather
than transfer first to your computer and then to the iPod you can cut out
the computer portion. It appears that the adapter plugs into the iPod
Photo's dock connector and has a usb connector on the other end. You take
the USB cable that came with your camera and connect it to the iPod
connector. It requires iPod Photo software:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleS...

--
Tara
!