Im wondering if I need a new Power Supply

Chrispurvis32

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Well, honestly I know nothing about building computers and all of that,(thats why I came here, hoping someone could help me out) But i'll post the specs on my computer. I read that if you have a bad psu it causes instability and may cause your computer to destroy itself, and I definately don't want that.

Here are the specs

Motherboard name - ASROCK P67 PRO3 SE
Brand - iBUYPOWER
Model - Gamer Extreme 903i
Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz
Processor Main Features - 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor - 8MB L3 Cache
Memory - 8GB DDR3-1333
Hard Drive
1TB SATA III
Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card
Power Supply - 700W

Stoddo2k9

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
IBuyPower is a good brand and I'm sure they are using good parts. However, its more important the brand of power supply to know if it is a quality part. A high-quality power supply of lower watts is superior to a poor-quality power supply of higher watts.

Maybe you could start with what problem you are having with your system.

cutebeans

Distinguished
What do you plan to do with that?

If it's only gaming, you can go down to a i5-2500k.
Then upgrade your Graphics card to a 6950/560ti.
Also, what is the brand of that PSU?

Oh, iBuypower. That site is very notorious with their broken parts and bad cutomer service.

You might want to go to www.ecollegepc.com. It's a better site.

Chrispurvis32

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

Do they just ship you the parts and build it yourself or do they prebuild it for you and then ship it? because I kind of have no experience in building my own

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
@chris

just build it your self, more fun, exciting and much cheaper, and the experience pays off the next time you build one or when you do this and that,

its one of the reason i keep building pc and experimenting with it this feeling is good ^_^