Sign in with
Your question

[New Video Card] Not sure which video card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 29, 2011 3:30:22 AM

Greetings all:

I have a genuine issue when I'm trying to upgrade a video card for my computer.

I have this motherboard -

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&dlc=...

It says it supports PCI Express x16, but I don't know what's a good video card for that specific slot?

I'm trying to play Star Wars: The Old Republic on the computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I'll be around to answer any further knowledge needed.

Thanks all.

Edit: I have a Nvidia GT 220 right now, and it's so incredibly laggy during the game, it's basically an unplayable game.

More about : video card video card

a c 92 U Graphics card
December 29, 2011 3:38:51 AM

you should be able to get any card and have it work on the mobo, maybe not ones that says pci 2.1 but it should still work. it all depends on your budget and your power supply unit.
m
l
Related resources
a c 253 U Graphics card
December 29, 2011 3:54:30 AM

It should , that video card requires a 400w power supply in the computer and depending on your cpu it will determine if the cpu will keep up with the new video card.
m
l
December 29, 2011 4:01:12 AM

I have the AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor @ 2.20 GHz
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
December 29, 2011 4:35:21 AM

you'd be better off going amd at that price range and power requirement. they give more performance per watt and generally better value.
m
l
a c 253 U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 5:01:02 AM

With the AMD cpu that you have at 2.2ghz you should think about overclocking to get a bit more speed out of it , as close to 3.0ghz as you can. That way the new card can run wihtout the cpu being much of a bottleneck.
m
l
!