How can i play side by side 3d movie on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two type of side by side stereoscopic video. (1) Already side by side when the video is composed and will play on any video player as a stereoscopic pair. (2) Two different video angle and require a 3D video player to display, or only one of the angle will be displayed if played using a normal, non stereoscopic video player. Which one?

bobmak

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

as per the website: http://www.btotech.com/product.asp?pf_id=g74sx-3de

this laptop model has: '17.3" 1920x1080 Full HD Display Matte 120hz 3D Panel with included free 3D active shutter Glasses and built in emitter. '
means that the system of 3d used is different from the SBS technology hence you cannot play

3d active shutter has alternating shutters for each eye which flickers at 60 times per second per eye which corresponds with the image played on screen for the particular eye, that is why your screen has such mad refresh rate (120hz etc.) because it has to refresh the screen 120 times 60 times per second per eye into 2 eyes
the image and the corresponding eye is coordinated by the emitter (built in for your case) (a small box thingy for nvidia 3d Kit)

SBS is basically two images kept side by side for each eye and a compatible screen can merge both in full screen and the glasses which has polarized lens/glasses can let through one image per eye as per polarization encoding of the image the other is blocked which basically enables us to watch one image per eye hence giving us the 3D effect

both technology gives us pretty decent 3d experience but first is very expensive technology and second looks weird when 3d material stops playing and has to switched back to 2d mode before we go bonkers

hope i was of help sorry if the tech was not necessary and way to go bro awesome laptop

cheers,

bmb :)

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
You may be able to play side by side 3d video on your display using software such as Tridef 3D or Stereoscopic player. Both have trials available. Google it to see if it works.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.