Automatic Log on to XP Pro

October 3, 2004 7:24:52 PM

Running XP Pro SP2. Have one user account that is an
admin. Is there a way to have the system log on
automatically upon restart instead of requiring my input.
Right now the system stops at user log on and I have to
click on the user account icon before it competes restart.
NO password is required. Looking for way to make system
restart upon power failure without my intervention.

Thanks, Mike

More about : automatic log pro

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 1:11:46 AM

Hi Mike,

To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start >> Run and press enter. Under the "User" tab,
uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username and password under which you want
your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations