AMD FX-8150 8 Core Black Edition OR Fx-6100 6 Core?

G

I am building a gaming rig and I need to know if I should go for the FX 8 Core, which retails at $200 or just buy the 6 Core, for $130. I won't be doing hardcore stuff like HD video editing and I don't think that I need 8 cores. I realize that most games run on 4 cores only, but I still think 6 Cores is good to have. In fact, this is the one I want to buy, I am just not sure if it will affect performance. I am only going to be playing games like GTA 4 and other games released around that era. Thanks for all your support,

Tim

Solution
to put bluntly, a core i5 2500k or higher would be better for gaming unless you already possess an amd chipset motherboard. fx8150 chokes current gfx cards in gaming, fx 6xxx does it worse. a 2500k+gtx670 would be quite powerful for latest games.
if you must get an fx cpu, then yes, the fx 8150 would be the better buy.
to put bluntly, a core i5 2500k or higher would be better for gaming unless you already possess an amd chipset motherboard. fx8150 chokes current gfx cards in gaming, fx 6xxx does it worse. a 2500k+gtx670 would be quite powerful for latest games.
if you must get an fx cpu, then yes, the fx 8150 would be the better buy.

Solution
G

Alright, thanks, I will probably get the i5 CPU and motherboard o go along with it.

TRENDING THREADS