PSU Brand

Hi,
I know I've posted on here many times about the same thing. I want to know what the best brand of PSU from 450-600w I should buy. I've been told the GPU I plan to buy takes 2 x 6-pin connectors. I thought about the Corsair CX500, but I've been told it isn't a very good PSU.
Please help, I don't mind spending a little more on the PSU, but no more than 90-100 bucks at the most please.
I'm VERY open to suggestions. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.
14 answers Last reply
More about brand
  1. mspaintwizard1999 said:
    Hi,
    I know I've posted on here many times about the same thing. I want to know what the best brand of PSU from 450-600w I should buy. I've been told the GPU I plan to buy takes 2 x 6-pin connectors. I thought about the Corsair CX500, but I've been told it isn't a very good PSU.
    Please help, I don't mind spending a little more on the PSU, but no more than 90-100 bucks at the most please.
    I'm VERY open to suggestions. Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks in advanced.

It's a budget grade power supply, and in that category it is a good psu
    Better quality option's, same wattage
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703035
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104097
  2. I've never really heard much about those brands, are they trusted names?
  3. mspaintwizard1999 said:
    I've never really heard much about those brands, are they trusted names?

If they weren't I wouldn't offer them up as options
    The PCP&C uses Seasonic as it's oem
    FSP is it's own oem
  4. Is the FSP a much better unit for only 9 dollars more? It says 80 plus gold as opposed to the bronze on the PCP&C
  5. Wait, the FSP unit only has one 6+2-pin connector. I think i need two. So i should probably go with the PCP&C
  6. Disregard that last message, My mistake.
  7. mspaintwizard1999 said:
    Is the FSP a much better unit for only 9 dollars more? It says 80 plus gold as opposed to the bronze on the PCP&P

The difference in power consumption from the wall will be 7-8%, that can add up
    There's also the lower heat load thanx to less wasted power
    $9 in my eye's would make it a no brainer, but because of the shipping cost for the FSP and the current promos on the PCP&C you're looking at a $51 difference between the 2
  8. 51 dollar difference? my shipping for the PSU, RAM, and a GPU comes in at 10 bucks
  9. mspaintwizard1999 said:
    51 dollar difference? my shipping for the PSU, RAM, and a GPU comes in at 10 bucks

The PCP&C has a 15% off promo
    Dropping it's cost to $68
    Then a $20 rebate making it $48
    Even with bundling and saving on the shipping, the FSP is $41 more not $9
  10. Ohhh. I guess that makes it a lot more worth it.
  11. On the System req. for the 6870, it says 500w or greater. does that mean i should go for a 550-600w?
  12. Just about a week ago you thought that a 380w would do, and it would for your specs
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock-graphics-card,3032.html
    No reason to go higher unless you plan on serious upgrades
  13. Yeah, I know but I get worried easily. lol When you said earlier about the 7-8% power consumption difference can add up, how much of a difference would you think that would be? Because I know the low price with the discount and the rebate AND the free shipping is attractive but I'd like to be sure before I buy it just because it's cheap.
  14. mspaintwizard1999 said:
    Yeah, I know but I get worried easily. lol When you said earlier about the 7-8% power consumption difference can add up, how much of a difference would you think that would be? Because I know the low price with the discount and the rebate AND the free shipping is attractive but I'd like to be sure before I buy it just because it's cheap.

More math than I want to get into this early
    To me it wouldn't be worth it at $41 more, you're not likely to make that up in the lifetime of the psu
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product