PC reboot when playing BF3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbiba1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Hello,

when I play Battlefield 3 my computer reboots after 2-3 games. it just freeze and i have to reboot it manually

my rig:

GPU: 260 GTX
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8200
RAM:6 GB
PSU: Corsair hx520

When I play LoL it never crash i never get such problems it does it with Trine too so i don't know from where it comes from do u think my GPU overheats it's the only thing i can think about

the only problem is that i cant monitor my GPU temps because my crapy motherboard doesn't allow it.

do u have another suggestion or a program that may give me the oportunity to monitor my temps?

I tried GPU-Z but there no temperatures displayed

http://s4.noelshack.com/upload/13936075823043_capture.jpg

Thank you

PS: sorry for my bad english I usually talk in french =D

Solution

I'm not sure about how nvidia provides their drivers, but there is a link on the amd page that gives you access to previous driver versions. Try one of the older drivers our the newest one like someone already mentioned. If you also google 285.62 vs some other driver number you will get results for benchmarks and pros and cons between each.

When I...

Zbiba1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I don't think a BF3 clean install will fix the problem because the computer reboots when i play Trine on very high settings(i red somewhere that for trine the problem is the game because someone with a gtx 570 has the same problem)

I already have msi after burner and it doesn't show the temperature but I'm gonna put CPU ID it might help

do you guys have a tutorial on how to use CPU ID it might help.

another question do you think my GPU doesn't have sensors for the temps.
thank you

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
You have any kind of an overclock on your CPU? try bumping the CPU voltage a tad or run prime 95 to stress test.
PSU a little small? 520watt might be a little shy...
Punch your numbers in here see what ya get for recommended size...

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I just did a RANDOM selection of stuff (minimum stuff) using your reported memory, CPU, and video card and came up with 488 watts....

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

msi afterburner DOES show temps,fan speeds,usage,fps,etc..its under the settings tab,you can also turn on "on screen display" from there.

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010

recently update videocard drivers?

Zbiba1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
yeah last drivers available 285.62

MY msi afterburner doesn't show temps i know it should it does it on my bro's computer but mine doesn't. that's why I'm asking you if it's possible that my GPU doesn't have sensors or maybe my motherboard cannot communicate the informations i don't know.

thanks for your replies though

any other suggestions?

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
try re-installing the previous drivers. I have had a driver (on AMD cards anyways) that would cause BFBC2 to crash out on me. If it didn't crash on previous drivers and crashes now, could be a bad driver update.

Zbiba1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

i can't remember wich drivers i was using before the 285.62 update but i know that it never rebooted during the beta...

could you help me find stable drivers?

and another question when ur BFBC2 was crashing, it was after 1-2 games or as soon as you started playing?

I'm gonna go out for now but I'm gonna take a look at your answers as soon as I come back

thanks again for your help

ru_1980

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010

I'm not sure about how nvidia provides their drivers, but there is a link on the amd page that gives you access to previous driver versions. Try one of the older drivers our the newest one like someone already mentioned. If you also google 285.62 vs some other driver number you will get results for benchmarks and pros and cons between each.

When I was having the problem it would crash about 15-30 minutes into the game. I never tried the game more than twice. Just reinstalled the previous driver that worked. It crashed everytime since the bad driver was installed.

Solution

Zbiba1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

oh ok so it doesn't work with mine beacause i don't have the temperature of my GPU so it's a problem with its sensors

When I was having the problem it would crash about 15-30 minutes into the game. I never tried the game more than twice. Just reinstalled the previous driver that worked. It crashed everytime since the bad driver was installed.

i have exactly the same problem I'm gonna take a look at the older drivers I think it's the problem

I'm gonna update my answer when i find another driver

Zbiba1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
i just downloaded the 285.38 driver and I played 2 games with no bugs i hope it's gonna last I'll update the topic if anything happens until tomorow

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.