How are these parts? ( First PC Build )

8 answers Last reply
More about parts build
  1. Looks good, go with the i5-2500k if you plan on overclocking.
  2. I don't plan on OC really. Does Overclocking make much of a difference? Is it worth it?
  3. The mouse pad is not needed - and neither is the extral thermal paste. You're using the Arctic Cooling fan which comes with some. You're buying the same part twice.

Also do not get a single 8GB chip with Sandy Bridge - that will *NOT* mix well (not to mention the tall heat sinks). You need a 2 x 4GB setup in order for it to properly function - something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-Ripjaws-DDR3-1333-Dual/dp/B002X578GE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1330538331&sr=8-8

I'm not the biggest fan of expensive peripherals like the keyboard and mouse you have- I'd put that money into upgrading your GPU to a 448core 560TI or a 570TI.

Other than that there's nothing else I would change about the build.
  4. The RAM is 2x4gb, in the picture it only shows 1 stick ( Marketing Fail ).

Also, I think it is a good idea to use a cheaper keyboard and mouse. Then upgrade to a GTX 570.

Thanks for the feedback.
  5. Quote:
    The RAM is 2x4gb, in the picture it only shows 1 stick ( Marketing Fail ).

That is a fail. :lol:

But still watch the heat sinks - go with the low profile version.

Quote:
    Also, I think it is a good idea to use a cheaper keyboard and mouse. Then upgrade to a GTX 570.

Yes that would be a very wise move - you can always get the peripherals later - those are easy to add.
  6. I have made a few changes, I have opted for a cheaper Keyboard and Mouse, I have removed the mouse mat and I have changed the RAM to G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 1333 Dual Kit - Red.

(You can see all of my systems ungraded components if you click the link again.)

I decided to not change my graphics card. changing to a GTX 570 dramatically increases the price on my build.

My build budget was originally £650, Now it is £710. This isnt a problem, it just means I have to be a little more patient.
  7. Mynamesearle said:
    I have made a few changes, I have opted for a cheaper Keyboard and Mouse, I have removed the mouse mat and I have changed the RAM to G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 1333 Dual Kit - Red.

(You can see all of my systems ungraded components if you click the link again.)

I decided to not change my graphics card. changing to a GTX 570 dramatically increases the price on my build.

My build budget was originally £650, Now it is £710. This isnt a problem, it just means I have to be a little more patient.

That's fine - if it doesn't meet your budget it doesn't.
  8. Thanks for both your help. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems