Yahoo! servers

does anyone have the server addys to set up Yahoo! mail with OE?

More about yahoo servers

    slownut wrote:
    > does anyone have the server addys to set up Yahoo! mail with OE?

    http://www.google.com/
    Search for :

    Setup Yahoo mail with Outlook Express

    Or, better yet :

    http://help.yahoo.com/

    Yahoo! Mail users can read their email in Outlook Express by subscribing to
    the Yahoo! Mail Plus service. This service allows you to use Outlook Express
    or another POP3 client to access and manage your Yahoo! Mail messages

    The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via a POP3 email client (such as Outlook
    or Outlook Express) is only available to customers of our premium Yahoo!
    Mail Plus service. If you have not purchased the Yahoo! Mail Plus service,
    you will be unable to retrieve messages via an email client. To determine
    whether or not you have purchased this service, please visit the My Services
    page.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    pop.mail.yahoo.com (or .ca or whatever) but Yahoo Mail Help has it all in
    there.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > does anyone have the server addys to set up Yahoo! mail with OE?

    Online Support
    Yahoo! Mail > Mail Help > POP Access & Forwarding >
    Related Links
    · Mail Help
    · Account Information
    · Errors Receiving Mail (POP)
    · Errors Sending Mail (SMTP)

    Further Reading
    · Yahoo! Help Central

    Have a question about Yahoo! Mail?

    Ask Yahoo! Help.

    Tips

    Microsoft Outlook Express
    Yahoo! Mail users can read their email in Outlook Express by
    subscribing to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service. This service allows you to use
    Outlook Express or another POP3 client to access and manage your Yahoo! Mail
    messages.
    Outlook Express allows you to add a new email account to your
    existing profile. This means you do not have to replace your current
    settings in order to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages. Here's how:

    1.. From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
    2.. Select the "Mail" tab.
    3.. Click the "Add" button.
    4.. From the Add menu, click "Mail."
    5.. In the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and
    click "Next."
    6.. In the Email Address box, type your Yahoo! Mail address
    (be sure to include "@yahoo.com") and click "Next."
    7.. Under "My incoming mail server is a..." select "POP3."
    8.. Type "pop.mail.yahoo.com" in the Incoming Mail (POP3,
    IMAP, or HTTP) Server box.
    9.. Type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP)
    Server box.
    10.. Click "Next."
    11.. In the Account Name box, type your Yahoo! Mail ID (your
    email address without the "@yahoo.com").
    12.. In the Password box, type your Yahoo! Mail password.
    13.. If you want Outlook Express to remember your password,
    check the "Remember password" box.
    14.. Do not check the boxes labeled "Log on using Secure..."
    15.. Click "Next."
    16.. Click "Finish."
    Important: The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server now requires
    authentication. To turn this setting on:

    1.. From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
    2.. Select the "Mail" tab.
    3.. Double-click the account labeled "pop.mail.yahoo.com."
    4.. Select the "Servers" tab.
    5.. Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication."
    6.. Click "OK."
    To control deletion of messages from the Yahoo! Mail Server:

    1.. From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
    2.. Select the "Mail" tab.
    3.. Double-click the account labeled "pop.mail.yahoo.com."
    4.. Select the "Advanced" tab.
    5.. In the Delivery section at the bottom of the window, check
    "Leave a copy of messages on server" if you want to save your Yahoo! Mail
    messages on the Yahoo! Mail server as well as on your local computer. Do not
    check this box if you want your messages to be deleted from the Yahoo! Mail
    server once you have received them in Outlook Express.

    Is this enough information?
    Great! Click Yes to go back to Yahoo! Mail.
    Click No to contact Yahoo! Customer Care.

    "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    > pop.mail.yahoo.com (or .ca or whatever) but Yahoo Mail Help has it all in
    > there.
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2.
    > P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    > "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> does anyone have the server addys to set up Yahoo! mail with OE?
    >>
    >> --

    I guess yours would pop.mail.de.yahoo.com

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    XP Home SP2.
    P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    > pop.mail.yahoo.com (or .ca or whatever) but Yahoo Mail Help has it all in
    > there.
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > XP Home SP2.
    > P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.
    > "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> does anyone have the server addys to set up Yahoo! mail with OE?
    >>
    >> --

Configuration Yahoo Servers Microsoft Customization Yahoo Mail Windows XP