What BIOS do i need to play wow

Pelicanz

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
When I try to play WoW, it'll work fine for about 20 minutes, then my PC will shut down. I think it's my BIOS, it's currently V1.19. Do I need to upgrade/downgrade? If so, please tell.

I don't see how BIOS can have anything to do with your system shutting down. BIOS is supposed to get the PC up and running, and after that the operating system takes over. I would rather check for high system temperatures or faulty hardware drivers.

Besides, you've told us precisely nothing about your system specifications.

tdool

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
It is WIn7. Do you have problems with other games. I have three gameing PC's that I just installed Win7 64 on all of them and now ALL games will shut the PC down. It just dies, no power at all. It would seem alot of people are having this issue on the net, but THREE identical PC at teh same time on the same day, come on, it has to be Win7. Check this thread out http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/3485-63-shutdown-gaming-win7

we are discussing this there.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Have you installed the drivers from the manufacturer?

While at the site check to see if a bios update is available and if it should be done for w7.

Also be sure to install the DX9c runtime components for W7 as it is necessary for many older games.
Technically WOW is considered older as compared to W7.