  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
October 3, 2004 10:37:44 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a patch that I can
download to convert my computers interface to Russian
instead of English?

Thanks
Rich

More about : russian gui

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 12:43:03 AM

Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
and create a dual-boot configuration.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
http://www.worldlanguage.com/

A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Richard" wrote:

| Can anyone tell me if there is a patch that I can
| download to convert my computers interface to Russian
| instead of English?
|
| Thanks
| Rich
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 9:37:41 AM

"theroyalA!comcast.net" <theroyalAcomcastnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| kde desktops support, at least at the base interface level,
| Name[af]=Klank Stelsel
| Name[ar]=نظام الصوت

< 22 KB of gibberish snipped >

Exactly what are you trying to say?