deleting desktop backgrounds

I have a long list of desktop backgrounds under
properties/desktop consisting of both backgrounds that
came with windows and those from my pictures folder(with
picture & fax viewer icon.How can i delete those from my
pictures folder? I have windows xp home.please help
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting desktop backgrounds

    hi m8

    go to C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper and delete the content of this folder...

    done

    tell me if it worked.......

    "virender" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a long list of desktop backgrounds under
    > properties/desktop consisting of both backgrounds that
    > came with windows and those from my pictures folder(with
    > picture & fax viewer icon.How can i delete those from my
    > pictures folder? I have windows xp home.please help

    Hi,

    Deleting the pictures in the C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper directory will not
    prevent pictures listed in the My Pictures directory from being listed in
    the desktop tab.

    To the OP: Move your pictures from the My Pictures directory to some other
    location (eg: C:\pictures) and this should prevent them from appearing in
    the wallpapers list under the desktop tab.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "microb" <dreams@home.ro> wrote in message
    > hi m8
    >
    > go to C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper and delete the content of this folder...
    >
    > done
    >
    > tell me if it worked.......
    >

    > "virender" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a long list of desktop backgrounds under
    >> properties/desktop consisting of both backgrounds that
    >> came with windows and those from my pictures folder(with
    >> picture & fax viewer icon.How can i delete those from my
    >> pictures folder? I have windows xp home.please help

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP