Sign in with
Your question

Will this work?

Last response: in Systems
February 29, 2012 9:08:56 PM

Hi

Gaming computer

I'm considering to buy this build. I need you guys to tell me if the parts fit together and dont restrict their performences. I would also like to be able to upgrade the videocard in the future without having to change the mother board.

i7 2600

Asus P8Z68-V LE

Kingston 8 Go 1600 Mhz DDR3

Gtx 560 ti

I know I'm missing parts but this is what I'm wondering about.

More about : work

February 29, 2012 9:24:29 PM

Nothing there will conflict with each other. They're all good products that will work well together. That said, the i7 provides almost nothing performance-wise over the i5-2500k. Save the money and get that one instead if gaming is your primary use for the new computer.

The most important decision you will make to ensure that everything works together is the motherboard.
m
l
February 29, 2012 10:19:04 PM

Ooops, forgot to mention the mother board. edited the initial message.
m
l
Related resources
February 29, 2012 11:08:59 PM

yea, like ring said, i would go with a i5 2500 or 2500k (if you want to overclock)

also with the interface that 560 uses, you could probably upgrade to any future card, im not sure if cards made for pci-e 3.0 (which is more bandwidth than any normal person would EVER need) can work in pci-e 2.0 or 2.1, pretty sure they are backwards compatible, but anyway yes you could upgrade the video card in the future, not sure if you would need it for a long time, but you could.
m
l
February 29, 2012 11:23:55 PM

I'm not very experienced in tweaking computers and i've been told that you lose warranty on parts if you overclock. That is why I thought of going for i7. Also I think the cpu will be viable longer. What do you mean about PCI-E ? Is it about the video card and mother board compatibility?
m
l
February 29, 2012 11:30:25 PM

basicly, PCI-e is the plastic bar you plug video cards into, the interface between the motherboard and video card, where the pins connect to the wires insid ethe mobo.
and if you dont want to overclock, get a 2500, instead of a 2500K, the K indicates unlocked multiplyer, and the i7 really offers little extra performance in gaming over the i5 2500, like somewhere around 10-15% i think, not totally sure, and also i havent looked into it, but i dont THINK it voids warantee with the K editions, you might want to get a second opinion on that one. and also losong warrantee on parts and stuff is why i said about looking at 560Ti's, look at the cores, shaders, clock, some manufacturers pre overclock them past what the basic specs are normally, these still have a warrantee and are like the other cards after u overclock pretty much.
m
l
!