Question about this upgrading the GPU on this pc!

Here is the link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/ZT-Systems-7645Mi-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i5-2320-Processor-16GB-Memory-2TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-Included/1761596

I want to buy this pc for the intel core i5, 2tb HDD and also 16gb of ram for a great price, and good reviews.

The only question i have is: Will the case fit a SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card?

The dimensions of the case are: ((L x W x H): 16.9 x 7.1 x 13.9

THANKS!
3 answers Last reply
More about question upgrading
  1. Oh the link is not bringing to the right page..Im sorry, if you want to see it, go to walmart.com and then electronics > Computers > Desktops, and under specifications search for $500-$750 and it should be within the first 5. I costs $648. ZT 7645.
  2. The link doesn't work ;-/

Alright, I had a look. It's not a bad price, but it's kind of a weird configuration. What would you be using this computer for?

It's a pretty small case, you'd probably want to go measure in the store.

16 GB of memory is most likely way more than you'd need for several years. 8 is the safe bet these days.

It only comes with a 350 Watt power supply. I seriously question whether it would power a 6870. So you very likely would have to upgrade the PSU also.

It's almost NEVER cheaper to buy a pre-built system but to build one yourself. I'm certain you could put together your own with better components for the same price.
  3. Oh i forgot to tell you that, i will be upgrading the PSU as well as the gpu, i put together an amazing setup today for almost the same price, maybe a little less actually but (im 15) my dad wont let me build it myself i told him it is easy to do, so he is trying to drive me away and to buy a prebuilt and upgrade that.

I would use it for school and gaming.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems