I need help, please read!

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Graphics Cards
  • Prebuilt Systems
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 29, 2012 11:36:49 PM

Okay, i am 15 and i am looking to buy a pc, preferrably homebuilt. I put together this last week a rig for $800, intel core i5, radeon 6870 GPU... Yeah.

My dad suggested i buy a prebuilt pc and upgrade the graphics card, which i thought was good idea until i found out it would cost me $200 or so, more. Actually around $250.

I told him i need to graphics card to play the newer games, and he is convinced mw3 and other games will play fine with no graphics card. He also thinks i don't need to upgrade from a 350watt power supply if i were to buy a new card on a prebuilt.

I don't know how to convince him to let me build my own, he says he hates building things like that, less complicated like a camers system. Any ideas?

Thanks

More about : read

February 29, 2012 11:43:43 PM

Building a system is not THAT hard, if you take the time to read up on what you are doing or watch videos, ask questions, etc, for things you have questions about. You will almost certainly get more bang for your buck if you go this route.

You will need a GPU to play most new games with higher settings.

m
l
February 29, 2012 11:47:54 PM

Crush3d said:
Building a system is not THAT hard, if you take the time to read up on what you are doing or watch videos, ask questions, etc, for things you have questions about. You will almost certainly get more bang for your buck if you go this route.

You will need a GPU to play most new games with higher settings.

Thanks, i thought that but he just doesn't understand it. His job is an electrician, i don't know why he is so opposed. I know you need an upgraded GPU :) 
m
l

Best solution

February 29, 2012 11:54:15 PM

If you end up not getting a GPU, you can always play Minesweeper. :D 
February 29, 2012 11:55:49 PM

Best answer selected by aupad.
m
l
February 29, 2012 11:55:55 PM

Lol :) 
m