Phenom II 955 high temps?

hi
I am playing GTA IV on highest settings (1280x1024) and my temps reach 59 c with the stock fan spinning at 5700 rpm
so is this normal or I need an aftermarket cooler
so this is my rig
cpu: phenom II 955 (underclocked to 2.5 ghz to decrease temp and 78 Watt and 1.33 voltage)
gpu:msi radeon 5770 1gb
mobo:msi 880gm-e41
note:using zp thermal compound (accidentally had a problem with stock thermal paste so had to remove it)
20 answers Last reply
More about phenom high temps
  1. awesome temps, no need to worry in this case.
  2. xtreme5 said:
    awesome temps, no need to worry in this case.

NO!
  3. You should most likely get an aftermarket cooler, 59C is NOT OK with a stock cooler. 62C is the rated max temp on the 955BE. Get a new cooler before your stuff dies!
  4. It's fine.
  5. i was considering that too to get an aftermarket cooler to keep the temps more lower but did it.
    59c is not so bad.
  6. An after market cooler would be a good investment for you i run a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 with a phenom II X4 945, I never go above 35 degrees even though mines a step below yours I recommend the same cooler for you!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103064
  7. well the room temp is currently 27 so how much will an after market cooler help
  8. Probably drop your temps 20-30C!
  9. can you please give me an advise on some good coolers (not more than 25$)
  10. Hyper 212+
  11. can it fit in my rig
  12. is there a big difference between hyper 212+ and Cooler Master Hyper TX3
  13. and can my msi 880gm-e41 run it
  14. amuffin said:
    Are you guys crazy?
    The max temp is 62C
    http://products.amd.com/pages/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=532

The maximum temperature specified on that page is conservative. I've had my computer for 3 years and until recently I was reaching 65C+ until I blew my case out and undervolted my processor.
  15. Terry1212 said:
    The maximum temperature specified on that page is conservative. I've had my computer for 3 years and until recently I was reaching 65C+ until I blew my case out and undervolted my processor.

I know AMD rates their processors a bit low in temps, however 59C is NOT ok with the stock cooler.
  16. thank you very much for your replies, but can you please tell me if hyper 212+ or Cooler Master Hyper TX3 can run in my motherboard
  17. Yes, what case though?
  18. well I actually don't know but the dimensions are 16.5" x 6.3" x 15.7"
  19. in centimeters 42" x 17" x 40"
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Thermal Compound Phenom Product