Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What Would The Average Temperatures Be For My GPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2011 12:22:40 AM

Hi, I've Got an MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozer II and I overclock it to play Battlefield 3. Now the average temp i get is around 65 Celsius. Thats playing on high resolution. I just built a computer not to long ago and still learning everything. So is this bad? Thanks

Best solution

December 30, 2011 12:28:13 AM

I have a seen graphics cards get upwards of 80 Celsius. The manufacturers set the cooling parameters and usually they are stable under these conditions. You can usually turn up the fan manually in the graphics options, but it would obviously be more noisy. The same card I said that got to 80c never got above 65c - 70c when I turned the fan on high.

Another thing to do is use compressed air every once in a while to get dust out of the fins on the graphics card. Usually does a lot of good on older cards.
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 12:31:27 AM

65C is a good temperature. Nothing is going to melt down or anything so you are fine. Start getting worried if the temperatures go to 90C. You can go to the fan control settings in MSI Afterburner and set a more aggressive fan curve if you want to lower the temps somewhat.
Related resources
December 30, 2011 12:32:07 AM

wurkfur said:
I have a seen graphics cards get upwards of 80 Celsius. The manufacturers set the cooling parameters and usually they are stable under these conditions. You can usually turn up the fan manually in the graphics options, but it would obviously be more noisy. The same card I said that got to 80c never got above 65c - 70c when I turned the fan on high.

Another thing to do is use compressed air every once in a while to get dust out of the fins on the graphics card. Usually does a lot of good on older cards.

I usually turn the fans to 70 when i run games but it only runs at 30 C on idle so Im guessing im ok. I just though anything going higher than 100 F is bad!
December 30, 2011 12:32:48 AM

Best answer selected by xM0NxST4Rx.
a c 251 U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 12:35:48 AM

The tech support guys say that the gpu can go over 100c and that it is not like a cpu which will shut down at 90c , so a gpu that is at 65c is pretty normal or even better than normal if you have that temp while playing BF3.
!