Sign in with
Your question

Acer wont boot

Last response: in CPUs
June 16, 2012 10:03:43 PM

My acer wont even turn on... sounds like the fan spins up but then the light turns off it tries twice more and nada... I read another forum about updating the bios but it sounded overwhelming and difficult. could it be something different?

More about : acer wont boot

a c 141 à CPUs
June 16, 2012 10:26:56 PM

any odd beeping or messages on the screen ?
m
l
June 16, 2012 10:45:56 PM

Does it make any difference if you remove the memory modules/the hard disk drive/the battery (one at a time)?
m
l
Related resources
June 16, 2012 10:52:01 PM

popatim said:
any odd beeping or messages on the screen ?

No Beeping or messages. just black screen the power light turns on for 2 seconds then turns off. thats all
m
l
June 16, 2012 10:53:27 PM

szaboaz said:
Does it make any difference if you remove the memory modules/the hard disk drive/the battery (one at a time)?

I have only tried the battery. I didnt want to take it apart as it is my girlfriends as she would freak if something happened while it was apart and I was to blame...
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2012 10:55:22 PM

Hi :) 

WHICH Acer ? specs ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
June 16, 2012 11:15:47 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

WHICH Acer ? specs ?

All the best Brett :) 

acer aspire 5750z
m
l
June 17, 2012 12:06:14 AM

mrcavallier said:
I have only tried the battery. I didnt want to take it apart as it is my girlfriends as she would freak if something happened while it was apart and I was to blame...

That's totally understandable. I mentioned these parts because these can be removed with relatively small effort. Beside these, I can't see too much sense in taking the computer apart, since you wouldn't be able to do anything about e.g. a motherboard fault anyways.

So I wouldn't recommend to do anything remotely drastic, like taking out the hard disk. However, if you (your girlfriend) has important files on it, this might prove to be the only way to access them, that is putting the drive into an external usb enclosure, and connect it to another computer. Just food for thought. (And if you send the computer away for repair (maybe on warranty), this is also worth a shot, since you might get it back exchanged/restored to factory default.)
m
l
June 17, 2012 1:26:32 AM

take the ac power out take the battery out take your ram out and hold the power button for 15 seconds then put it back and see if it works.
m
l
!