I have a dandy and reliable Dell Inspiron 530 computer. I have other home PCs but this Dell is my Favorite. I have Windows XP SP3, 3.2 GB RAM on this computer and I would like to buy the Plextor PX-LB95OUE Blu-Ray writer. I expect I will need a higher end CPU, more and different RAM, and a higher end video/sound card. I am given to understand that XP with service pack 3 is an acceptable OS.
How can I determine exactly what must be upgraded to make an operative milieu for that Plextor Blu-Ray writer in my Dell computer, with XP? I have a higher end PC with Win 7, but I was this Blu-Ray writer to work on my Dell PC
I have a previous incident in with a salesman gave me erroneous advice.
CPU: Intel Pentium-D 3.0 or Higher
Memory (RAM): 1GB or Higher
Interface: SATA (Serial ATA)
Hard disk Drive:
- 1 GB free space required for software installation,.
- Up to 10 GB free space required for DVD authoring.
- Up to 50 GB free space required for BD authoring
Other: Internet connection recommended for updates
- HDCP supported graphic cards with 256MB RAM and
- 32-bit color support.
- ATI x1600 or nVidia 7600GT or later GPU
- HDCP capable monitor or TV required
- *For 3D playback: Windows® 7, 3D supported graphic
card and display are required