Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help Needed

Last response: in Components
Share
June 16, 2012 11:49:54 PM

Hey, i have a Radeon HD 6750 and found out that my PSU cant connect to/power it (old PSU that came with this build) and i need a newer one, could you recommend me a list of compatible PSU (at different price range).

CPU: Intel Celeron e3300 2.5ghz (http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Celeron-Processor-Socket-LG...)

Motherboard: asrock g41 vs2 (http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?model=g41m-vs2)

Ram : 3gb(1 gb cached , ??? really)

OS : Windows ultimate 7 32bit

If you're wondering why my computer is built with cheap stuff take Note: my country sell i5 for $400 USD :o  (be glad you live in the USA)

More about : needed

a c 715 ) Power supply
June 16, 2012 11:55:03 PM

Corsair CX430, Antec EA380 or VP450 to name a few budget PSU's that will run your rig fine.
m
0
l
a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 12:22:58 AM

^ These are all good.

Try to find one from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 17, 2012 2:23:47 AM

rolli59 said:
Corsair CX430, Antec EA380 or VP450 to name a few budget PSU's that will run your rig fine.

tell me something , are these PSU you listed quiet? and also the minimum requirements for the hd 6750 is 450 Watts so will the 430 watts(corsair) you recommend work ? also the psu you recommend have 4 pin connectors while my gpu need 6 pin connectors ?
m
0
l
a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 3:22:49 AM

They are all high quality power supplies and should not be loud. As you can see from this:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_hd6670...

Any of those power supplies are just fine for your system. ^ This is the whole computer not just the video card.


The 430CX has one 6+2 pin PCI-E power connector.
m
0
l
June 17, 2012 3:32:21 AM

anort3 said:
They are all high quality power supplies and should not be loud. As you can see from this:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_hd6670...

Any of those power supplies are just fine for your system. ^ This is the whole computer not just the video card.


The 430CX has one 6+2 pin PCI-E power connector.

thanks for the info, ive done some research and found out that this brand has some buzzing issue and fails quick ( in many newegg and amazon review), so that worries me so i was looking for something at a higher price(not this brand), the thing is you are in the us you can send in a defected item and get it fast , but where i am will cost alot to send with no guarantee that i will get it back , that why foreigner are grumpy on reviews lol. and could you give me the link where they say they have a 6 pin connector because i only see 4
m
0
l
a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 3:50:24 AM

Corsair power supplies are very high quality. I know of no issues with coil whine ( buzzing ) or early failures with the 430CX. In fact it is rated very highly.

2 of the best review sites on the internet are Hardwaresecrets and jonnyguru. The 430CX gets a Golden award from Hardwaresecrets ( highest award ) and a 9/10+ recommended from jonnyguru.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2...

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...


Click on the "details" tab:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PCI-Express Connector 1 x 6+2-Pin
m
0
l
June 17, 2012 4:02:01 AM

anort3 said:
Corsair power supplies are very high quality. I know of no issues with coil whine ( buzzing ) or early failures with the 430CX. In fact it is rated very highly.

2 of the best review sites on the internet are Hardwaresecrets and jonnyguru. The 430CX gets a Golden award from Hardwaresecrets ( highest award ) and a 9/10+ recommended from jonnyguru.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2...

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...


Click on the "details" tab:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PCI-Express Connector 1 x 6+2-Pin


Thanks for putting much effort into finding links and all :D  , and tell me something is the cx430 or cx430 v2 better ? also since you know much about quality PSU tell me if the cx430 is a better option than this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and if i take your word a buy these and they fail im coming to get you JK :bounce: 
m
0
l
a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 4:21:10 AM

The original 430CX is no longer made. It was replaced by the 430CX V2. Both are actually made by CWT ( Channel Well Technology ) for Corsair.

The Antec VP-450 is made by FSP for Antec. It is still a good unit but it only gets a Silver award from Hardwaresecrets.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-VP450-Powe...


If you want to see who actually makes a power supply as well as links to any reviews then this is the best database on the internet.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm
m
0
l
June 17, 2012 4:46:24 AM

anort3 said:
The original 430CX is no longer made. It was replaced by the 430CX V2. Both are actually made by CWT ( Channel Well Technology ) for Corsair.

The Antec VP-450 is made by FSP for Antec. It is still a good unit but it only gets a Silver award from Hardwaresecrets.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-VP450-Powe...


If you want to see who actually makes a power supply as well as links to any reviews then this is the best database on the internet.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm

Thanks for the psu data base, ive read around a people have problem with the cx series dont want to run into that
m
0
l
a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 4:54:05 AM

I have used the 400CX and 430CX in over a dozen builds I have done for people and never had a problem with them.
m
0
l
June 17, 2012 4:59:38 AM

anort3 said:
I have used the 400CX and 430CX in over a dozen builds I have done for people and never had a problem with them.

Im leaning towards the brand you recommend and would you still recommend this brand if i planned to over clock the celeron e3300(since you build pc you should be familiar with how good these can be overclocked)?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 5:07:28 AM

I have never used that chip so I am not sure how good it overclocks. It's a 45nm Wolfdale core chip so it should overclock quite well though. It's only a 65w processor so the 430CX will still be fine even with overclocking.

I don't know what's available where you are but if you really don't want to go with the 430CX then these are all just as good or better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
Share
June 17, 2012 5:15:09 AM

Best answer selected by xxdobermanxx.
m
0
l
June 17, 2012 5:15:14 AM

anort3 said:
I have never used that chip so I am not sure how good it overclocks. It's a 45nm Wolfdale core chip so it should overclock quite well though. It's only a 65w processor so the 430CX will still be fine even with overclocking.

I don't know what's available where you are but if you really don't want to go with the 430CX then these are all just as good or better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...

Ok thanks for the info again(and best answer to you) and all your help, im might seem interrogating because i dont wanna buy something that might have weird noise and easy to damage, because i would have to wait a while to send it back and receive a new one and to do that is expensive in my country. Antec EarthWatts EA-500D that you showed me should do well enough(and will be good to have when im upgraded and components in the future). Thanks again
also if you dont mind me asking what kinda headphone do you use ? i am an budget semi audiophile in the making and plan to order the Sennheiser HD 449 along with the PSU that you recommended.
m
0
l
a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 5:24:07 AM

I use an older Sennheiser headset. It's 6 or 8 years old at this point and I'm not sure of the model. I don't think they still make it. HD 55s or HD 65s or something like that. I think they were around $100 new. I have no problem recommending Sennheiser as a brand. They are still great.
m
0
l
a c 264 ) Power supply
June 17, 2012 5:30:54 AM

Those 449s look great. Probably a little nicer than what I have. Mine are a headset with a fold down mic on the left side. I used to play FPS type games quite a bit a few years ago so I used them for Teamspeak and gaming. Even then with an XFi Xtremegamer I could always hear people first who were trying to sneak in a game.
m
0
l
!