Is my graphics card shot?

chrish88

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hi there. Over the last few days I have been busy building my first computer. Recently, I was setting Windows 7 up when I remembered I forgot to connect my hard drive to my mobo. So, when I connected it I didn't have any gloves or a static protector on since I was connecting one little thing. I was trying to be careful not to touch anything. When I got it connected, I turned my computer, but nothing on the screen came up. I figure a number of things could be wrong, but I was wondering that even nudging the back of the card might of ruined it. If you think it is shot please or need more information then please tell me right away. Thank you in advance.

There is really no way for anyone in the forum to tell if your video card is ruined. The thing to do is to go back in to the inside of the computer and recheck all of the power connections and make sure that the video card is seated all the way in and the same with all of the ram sticks. Did you hear a post beep and are the fans spinning , lights on. Is the cable connected tfrom the monitor to the video card. You really have to recheck everything.