MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti vs Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti

EnvyX2

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Well I already have all my parts picked out for my first build which I will be purchasing tomorrow but am not quite sure which one of these graphics cards to choose:

1. MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

2. GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

These are just the NewEgg links, I will actually be purchasing them from Micro Center if you are wondering. If you need the actual links, here they are as well:

Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti

My first choice was actually the Gigabyte version, but now I am having mixed feelings, so I need some help from you guys :).
My build.
Price difference is only $10 in Microcenter fyi.

Thanks in advance :D.

EnvyX2

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
@robjordy Oh okay thanks for first response :) And oh really? Why? This is the OC version too not the SOC so yours is probably better, can you please give me some reasons.

monsta

Splendid
The MSI is a better card , the cooler on them is great and it will also overclock better than the Gigabyte.
I also have the Gigabyte OC version, found them at a great price so it was the right choice for me at the time.

johny5w

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

I would have said MSI.. I had the twin Frozr II GTS 250 and it worked great. However, I just bought the GTX 560 Twin Frozr II and the card I got had bad VRAM. So far I have not been able to get Newegg or MSI to take care of it. (to be fare to MSI I am just starting the process but still VERY frustrating that a brand new $200 card won't work and I have to go through whole process).