Sign in with
Your question

MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti vs Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2011 4:45:54 AM

Well I already have all my parts picked out for my first build which I will be purchasing tomorrow but am not quite sure which one of these graphics cards to choose:

1. MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

2. GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

These are just the NewEgg links, I will actually be purchasing them from Micro Center if you are wondering. If you need the actual links, here they are as well:

Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti

My first choice was actually the Gigabyte version, but now I am having mixed feelings, so I need some help from you guys :) .
My build.
Price difference is only $10 in Microcenter fyi.

Thanks in advance :D .
a c 104 U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 4:56:42 AM

I would go with MSI, i have a Gigabyte 560ti soc, not happy with it.
m
l
December 30, 2011 4:58:20 AM

@robjordy Oh okay thanks for first response :)  And oh really? Why? This is the OC version too not the SOC so yours is probably better, can you please give me some reasons.
m
l
Related resources
a c 88 U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 5:00:25 AM

The MSI is a better card , the cooler on them is great and it will also overclock better than the Gigabyte.
I also have the Gigabyte OC version, found them at a great price so it was the right choice for me at the time.
m
l
December 30, 2011 5:04:19 AM

Hmm, okay. Thank you very much guys. I will go with the MSI then and hope it turns out good.
m
l
December 30, 2011 5:13:12 AM

I also say MSI, I have a gigabyte gtx 460 and while its good, the MSI cards look better, and from what I can tell, are built a little bit better also.
m
l
January 3, 2012 3:56:12 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
I would go with MSI, i have a Gigabyte 560ti soc, not happy with it.

I would have said MSI.. I had the twin Frozr II GTS 250 and it worked great. However, I just bought the GTX 560 Twin Frozr II and the card I got had bad VRAM. So far I have not been able to get Newegg or MSI to take care of it. (to be fare to MSI I am just starting the process but still VERY frustrating that a brand new $200 card won't work and I have to go through whole process).
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
January 7, 2012 7:38:50 PM

EnvyX2 said:
@robjordy Oh okay thanks for first response :)  And oh really? Why? This is the OC version too not the SOC so yours is probably better, can you please give me some reasons.

Loud, picky with drivers, not possible to up the core voltage . . . :cry: 
m
l
!