Sign in with
Your question

Rog xonar phoebus

Last response: in Components
June 17, 2012 4:17:33 AM

hi guys,
i know that right now asus rog xonar phoebus is the best for gaming...but the problem is,i use the astro a40 wireless headset..and it only connects to to the digital spd/f output of the card...so am not using the volume controller thing with the headphone and mic ports......so if i dont use the vol. controller,will there be any changes with the audio quality of card for gaming???i know that the essence stx provide audio quality over the phoebus but phoebus is built for gaming..but am not using the vol. controller which i think is an important part of the sound card for providing audip performance...i don't know which one to buy...the xonar essence stx or the rog xonar phoebus for gaming..
plz help
thnx in advance
mukit

More about : rog xonar phoebus

July 3, 2012 11:29:28 PM

Well, I've got an Essence STX and I've got to say its insanely incredible.. w/6mm plugs and it gives you the ability to change opamps etc. The Phoebus does not have this ability, and also seems to be suffering major driver issues right now. I'll be sticking w/my STX for sure - paired with a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's.
m
l
July 18, 2012 9:32:31 PM

http://review.kakaku.com/review/K0000388762/

on this page some ayutaraさん says it sounds better than his previous cards. his soundcards histoy is Xonar DS → SE-300Pci → Titanium HD → Xonar DSX > Xonar Phoebus

own myself an xonar essence st but i think new is always better
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2012 7:05:54 AM

tinnitus said:
http://review.kakaku.com/review/K0000388762/

on this page some ayutaraさん says it sounds better than his previous cards. his soundcards histoy is Xonar DS → SE-300Pci → Titanium HD → Xonar DSX > Xonar Phoebus

own myself an xonar essence st but i think new is always better

i wouldve bought the phoebus,but its a crappy card..new isnt always the best...the phoebus doesnt even support dolby digital live encoding....thats just tupid..and there was no way i wouldve bought a xfi card...so stx is the best imo
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 19, 2012 7:41:21 AM

You already have a Mixamp, there's no need to get another soundcard.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 19, 2012 11:57:28 AM

^^ Coi-signed. All the major audio converting to analog will be done by the A40's mixamp, so the STX would be functionally equivalent to a D1/DX.

Aside from DDL/DTS-C encoding, there is no reason to purchase a soundcard if you are going to connect via digital.
m
l
July 19, 2012 2:13:59 PM

gamerk316 said:
^^ Coi-signed. All the major audio converting to analog will be done by the A40's mixamp, so the STX would be functionally equivalent to a D1/DX.

Aside from DDL/DTS-C encoding, there is no reason to purchase a soundcard if you are going to connect via digital.

well i know that the astro is gonna handle everything but i need an audio card for my surround speaker setup anyway...
m
l
!