Connecting two identical ethernet thermal receipt printers, to laptop

deejaycruiser

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Hey all, I have been stirring up a storm in my room the past couple of days trying to figure this one out.

I picked up these 2 babies online and they work great....individually. basically, i have developed an application and need to (eventually )setup 8 thermal receipt printers that run off of one laptop, and are each uniquely identifiable and are triggered by a user device.

For example, user device 1 triggers printer 1, user device 2 triggers printer 2 etc etc

So i connect the printers by ethernet to a router and my laptop connects to the router via wifi. It detects both but the printers have a problem working together. I have set a static IP, but when trying to configure through the provided driver software the second printer over-rides the computers IP address in its setup application, and then creates one out of thin air.

I'm lost, hungry and tired....it's been 2 long days....help a brother out will ya

If you can't think of any ideas, please provide any alternate suggestions. Most importantly i only want one laptop computer.