*new* Nikon D70 Tone Curve Uploading Tool

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 2, 2005 9:52:04 PM

Hi,

I've just finished a tool that allows you to upload curves into the Nikon
D70 and D70s.

Its available at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx

Thanks
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:31:12 AM

"OxfordEye" <support@oxfordeye.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished a tool that allows you to upload curves into the Nikon
> D70 and D70s.
>
> Its available at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx
>
> Thanks

You're losing potential customers here.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 3:24:18 AM

Hi Bubbabob,

Sorry for the advertisement post, Ive explained a little more in the post
below,

Regards,

Todd.

"Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
> "OxfordEye" <support@oxfordeye.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just finished a tool that allows you to upload curves into the Nikon
>> D70 and D70s.
>>
>> Its available at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> You're losing potential customers here.
June 3, 2005 8:39:07 AM

"news@OxfordEye.co.uk" <news@oxfordeye.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7o0ui$l28$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi Bubbabob,
>
> Sorry for the advertisement post, Ive explained a little more in the
> post below

The best way to avoid the need for an apology for an advertisement is
by marking the subject line with [ANN} for announcement, as long as
it's on-topic for the forum. You might also want to consider
multiposting to several forums/fora, to both avoid wasting bandwidth
and irritation.

Bart
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 9:17:49 AM

OxfordEye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just finished a tool that allows you to upload curves into the Nikon
> D70 and D70s.
>
> Its available at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx
>
> Thanks

It looks interesting. A couple of comments:

1) The .Net requirement is a bit of a downside. Until a new laptop
showed up last week with .Net already installed with WinXP SP2 I was
not going to join the ".Net" initiative.

2) Whilst your code may do what you advertise, of what use is it?
Without Nikon Capture, there is no way to interpret embedded raw curves
in NEF's.

Thanks for your efforts in any event.

Chris
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 3:21:19 PM

On 7 Jun 2005 05:17:49 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
cdubea@movingpart.com wrote:

>2) Whilst your code may do what you advertise, of what use is it?
>Without Nikon Capture, there is no way to interpret embedded raw curves
>in NEF's.

For folks who wish to use a custom curve and shoot jpgs?
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 11:05:37 AM

Makes sense. I've never shot a jpg so I hadn't the slightest idea.

Thanks,

cd
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 2:59:23 AM

Hi Chris,

I understand your views of .Net, unfortunately it does makes it very easy
for developers to create tools and the code it generates is much more
manageable than MFC. So I guess its here to stay :(  (Im a hardcode C coder
by day! :) ).

As Ed has already said, if you shoot in JPG the curve will be applied to the
image before you download it from the camera.

I am working on the raw NEF support now and I will try to include the
ability to embed the curve into the NEF.

Ive started a forum to make it easier to track the progress of ToneUp and to
generally see whats going on and whats planned... there is a link on ToneUps
main page at :-
www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx

Please join in, with everyones input we can make ToneUp a really solid
product.

Thanks

Todd.

!