24 pin power connector wire broke, what do I do??

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hello,

So on my main 24 pin connector, the other side of it, one of the little pine wires broke off. I really hope I don't have to RMA the entire PSU because of this do I? Can I buy another one of these cables or will I be fine without just that one pin?

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Yeah it's fully modular. Would I need to RMA it like the guy said above or is there another way for me to do this?

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012

That's what I was hoping to do rather than RMA'ing the whole thing. Where can I get another one of these cables?

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012

The PSU I have is the Corsair AX750.

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Yep, I'm in the US. Are you sure those cables will work with my PSU? Especially since it's a different brand? I heard something about using the same cable brands as the PSU or you could potentially damage it. Is that true or no?

as far as i am aware the cables are interchangable as long as the connectors the same--i have used tagan

cables on a corsair psu before with no issues

if they were obvious thin and cheap cables then i wouldnt do it but silverstones a decent maker so the

cables shouldnt be of a low quality

and thats a great price for a full set of cables--would probably cost that just to rma the psu if postage in

the usa is the sort of cost it is here

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Alright, I'll give those cables a try. Thanks so much.

You cannot use the Silverstone 24 pin cable with the AX750
AX75024pin.jpg

From the review here ;
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story2&reid=236

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Already done that, doesn't look like they sell them. Is it possible that I can buy another one of these from another brand?

TGT-Gaming

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Oh wow, I guess I was looking in the wrong section cause I wasn't able to find that. I feel stupid lol, I was looking at "PSU Accessories" rather than "PSU Parts". Well, thank you so much I'm going to just buy another one from that link.