Solved

24 pin power connector wire broke, what do I do??

Hello,

So on my main 24 pin connector, the other side of it, one of the little pine wires broke off. I really hope I don't have to RMA the entire PSU because of this do I? Can I buy another one of these cables or will I be fine without just that one pin?
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power connector wire broke
  1. You'll have to buy another PSU or RMA your current one.
  2. amuffin said:
    You'll have to buy another PSU or RMA your current one.

Not if it's fully modular, but I guess he would have mentioned that, if it was.
  3. DJDeCiBeL said:

Yeah it's fully modular. Would I need to RMA it like the guy said above or is there another way for me to do this?
  4. DJDeCiBeL said:

Never specified :X If it is though, just buy a 24Pin modular connector that is compatible with your PSU.
  5. TGT-Gaming said:
    Yeah it's fully modular. Would I need to RMA it like the guy said above or is there another way for me to do this?

I think it's cheaper to buy a 24PIN modular PSU connector than RMA'ing the psu.
  6. amuffin said:
    I think it's cheaper to buy a 24PIN modular PSU connector than RMA'ing the psu.

That's what I was hoping to do rather than RMA'ing the whole thing. Where can I get another one of these cables?
  7. whats the make of the psu?

dont know if these may work--its the whole set of cables but does include the 24/20 pin modular cable

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_186&products_id=34180
  8. mcnumpty23 said:
    whats the make of the psu?

dont know if these may work--its the whole set of cables but does include the 24/20 pin modular cable

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_186&products_id=34180

The PSU I have is the Corsair AX750.
  9. looks like its standard modular connectors so those cables should fit

which country are you in?

as that was a usa link i gave but should be able to get the cable in other countries
  10. mcnumpty23 said:
    looks like its standard modular connectors so those cables should fit

which country are you in?

as that was a usa link i gave but should be able to get the cable in other countries

Yep, I'm in the US. Are you sure those cables will work with my PSU? Especially since it's a different brand? I heard something about using the same cable brands as the PSU or you could potentially damage it. Is that true or no?
  11. as far as i am aware the cables are interchangable as long as the connectors the same--i have used tagan

cables on a corsair psu before with no issues

if they were obvious thin and cheap cables then i wouldnt do it but silverstones a decent maker so the

cables shouldnt be of a low quality

and thats a great price for a full set of cables--would probably cost that just to rma the psu if postage in

the usa is the sort of cost it is here
  12. mcnumpty23 said:
    as far as i am aware the cables are interchangable as long as the connectors the same--i have used tagan

cables on a corsair psu before with no issues

if they were obvious thin and cheap cables then i wouldnt do it but silverstones a decent maker so the

cables shouldnt be of a low quality

and thats a great price for a full set of cables--would probably cost that just to rma the psu if postage in

the usa is the sort of cost it is here

Alright, I'll give those cables a try. Thanks so much.
  13. you are welcome
  14. You cannot use the Silverstone 24 pin cable with the AX750

From the review here ;
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story2&reid=236
  15. delluser1 said:

Well, if that doesn't work what am I supposed to do now then? Is there anywhere I can buy another one or what?
  16. Contact Corsair, they sell them for around $8
  17. delluser1 said:
    Contact Corsair, they sell them for around $8

Already done that, doesn't look like they sell them. Is it possible that I can buy another one of these from another brand?
  18. Best answer
    TGT-Gaming said:
    Already done that, doesn't look like they sell them. Is it possible that I can buy another one of these from another brand?

http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/psu-parts.html

Toll Free: +1 888-222-4346
  19. Best answer selected by TGT-Gaming.
  20. delluser1 said:

Oh wow, I guess I was looking in the wrong section cause I wasn't able to find that. I feel stupid lol, I was looking at "PSU Accessories" rather than "PSU Parts". Well, thank you so much I'm going to just buy another one from that link.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Power Cable Components