PNY GTX 580 WITH COOLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Not trying to derail your question, just curious why you would look to sidegrade from one GTX 580 to another. Even if you get a great overclock, you're going to be at the same general performance level and will probably lose a chunk of money on your current 580 if you sell it.

TH used two of the PNY water cooled units in their last $2400 System Builder Marathon build. Might want to check that out if you haven't already. Keep in mind, they show benchies for stock and then OC- this includes both the CPU and the GPUs OC'ed, so it's tough to nail down just how much the GPU overclocks contribute. Hope that helps a little.

captjoe

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Sold the card to buy one that was new in the box, the old one was used and got what I wanted out of it.
It was from a used computer that I purchased before chistmas at a good price, it had the motherboard , case and power supply that I wanted.The EVGA was not my choice and I though I would look at what might be comming out at the new year. I had 2 GTX 560 laying around so i put them in as sli . After that I sold the GTX 580 and now I sold the 2 ea 560's.Looking at both the 7970 and the 590. I thought the PNY GTX 580 with cooler . BTW I have the Intel i7 2600 with a corsair H 60 and kind of like the no maintence aspect and okay performance.So I am looking at the PNY at $520 at newegg. Seemed like a good deal.Only cost me a little over $100 to upgrade from my used EVGA I sold.Trying to get the best for the money right now. No issues with EVGA just wanted a new card .

Status
Not open for further replies.