Help! are my lost vaca photos retrievable? Sony DSC-P72

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
June 2, 2005 4:35:05 PM

Hi.
Coming off my first trip across the pond I am having trouble finding
photos on my memory stick for download to my computer...
or here is the tricky part...
A small amount of the photos are easily accessible and are downloadable
in the regular method and are viewable on the LCS when I change to
"view" mode on the camera, however, the other photos (probably 50+
saved on the same Sony 256MB stick) I cannot find when I attach the
camera to the computer, nor is there a trace of them on the LCD screen
when in "view" mode.
This leads me to believe that all pictures taken prior to those that
still appear were accidentally deleted due to some user error or
something and I would give up.
HOWEVER, (and almost frustratingly so :)  when the camera is still in
"Camera" mode to take photos, the read out on the LCD screen that
indicates how many pictures I have left says something like 60/103 and
counts downward (59/103...etc.), every time I take another photo. This
leads me to believe that the 'lost' vacation pictures are somewhere on
the memory stick but I have no idea how to get to them. Plus, when I
attach the camera to the computer and search through Windows Explorer I
can only find the few photos that are retrievable through the LCD
window.
Thanks very much for any and all help as I am desperate to retrieve
these photos if it is at all possible.
Sincerely,
Dave
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:30:54 PM

dpace1@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi.
> Coming off my first trip across the pond I am having trouble finding
> photos on my memory stick for download to my computer...
> or here is the tricky part...
> A small amount of the photos are easily accessible and are downloadable
> in the regular method and are viewable on the LCS when I change to
> "view" mode on the camera, however, the other photos (probably 50+
> saved on the same Sony 256MB stick) I cannot find when I attach the
> camera to the computer, nor is there a trace of them on the LCD screen
> when in "view" mode.
> This leads me to believe that all pictures taken prior to those that
> still appear were accidentally deleted due to some user error or
> something and I would give up.
> HOWEVER, (and almost frustratingly so :)  when the camera is still in
> "Camera" mode to take photos, the read out on the LCD screen that
> indicates how many pictures I have left says something like 60/103 and
> counts downward (59/103...etc.), every time I take another photo. This
> leads me to believe that the 'lost' vacation pictures are somewhere on
> the memory stick but I have no idea how to get to them. Plus, when I
> attach the camera to the computer and search through Windows Explorer I
> can only find the few photos that are retrievable through the LCD
> window.
> Thanks very much for any and all help as I am desperate to retrieve
> these photos if it is at all possible.
> Sincerely,
> Dave

Well stop using the card immediately till someone tells you what to do.
I had seen many utilities that can help with retrieving lost images
from a card, but you really need to stop using it, not take any
pictures on the camera or do anything with it on the PC until someone
tells you how to resuce those pics.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:33:05 AM

On 2 Jun 2005 12:35:05 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , dpace1@gmail.com
in <1117740905.056825.31190@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>Coming off my first trip across the pond I am having trouble finding
>photos on my memory stick for download to my computer...
>or here is the tricky part...
>A small amount of the photos are easily accessible and are downloadable
>in the regular method and are viewable on the LCS when I change to
>"view" mode on the camera, however, the other photos (probably 50+
>saved on the same Sony 256MB stick) I cannot find when I attach the
>camera to the computer, nor is there a trace of them on the LCD screen
>when in "view" mode.
>This leads me to believe that all pictures taken prior to those that
>still appear were accidentally deleted due to some user error or
>something and I would give up.
>HOWEVER, (and almost frustratingly so :)  when the camera is still in
>"Camera" mode to take photos, the read out on the LCD screen that
>indicates how many pictures I have left says something like 60/103 and
>counts downward (59/103...etc.), every time I take another photo. This
>leads me to believe that the 'lost' vacation pictures are somewhere on
>the memory stick but I have no idea how to get to them. Plus, when I
>attach the camera to the computer and search through Windows Explorer I
>can only find the few photos that are retrievable through the LCD
>window.
>Thanks very much for any and all help as I am desperate to retrieve
>these photos if it is at all possible.

Is this a duo with a switch?

--
Matt Silberstein

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:53:34 AM

Le 2 Jun 2005 12:35:05 -0700, dpace1@gmail.com a tapoté d'un clavier léger:

I remember using a card that had a side A and a side B. Don't remember
whether it was a memory stick or somehting else. Sorry if it is a wrong
anwser

--
Marie-Aude
http://www.trassagere.com