rwd3333

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hello,
I keep getting invalid frequency on my CRT Monitor. I have changed the refresh rate to try and fix this but it does not help. I have the current drivers for mu ASUS 220 Video card. Is there something I am missing? I have not been able to fix this and am asking if there is something that can help resolve this problem.

rwd3333

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I tried your suggestion and went back to the last known configuration. I still had the "Invalid Scan Configuration" come up on the screen, in blue, and nothing readable on the screen behind the writing. I had to re-start the computer to go back into safe mode. It was worth the try.

Do you have onboard video? I mean integrated?

If you do....

take out your video card, and reset your BIOS. And now plug in your cable into your onboard video card.

Edit: What model of CRT do you have? And when you said you were changing frequencies, what did you set it at? I believe most CRT's do about 60Hz for refresh rate. Usually anything higher or lower can make it go "out of range", or even kill your CRT.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
New (relatively, of course) CRTs have protection to prevent high refresh rates from killing them, this is probably why he is seeing the message. In safe mode, set your resolution to 640x480 and the refresh to 60hz. Then, progressively increase those settings until you have found what your monitor supports.

rwd3333

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

rwd3333

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I do not have an onboard video for this motherboard. I was changing the frequencies from 60 hz. and I went back to 60 hz. The type of CRT is a Sun CRT that I am using. I did try taking out the video card and re-seating the video card just before I wrote this response. It did not solve all of the problem but slowed down the occurrence of this situation. I can now use the computer with almost all of the programs now but a few programs that will still cause this situation again.