Lexar 80X data corruption problems with Canon DSLR's

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 3, 2005 12:48:08 AM

I've had the occational data corruption problems with my new Rebel XT with 2
of my 3 Lexar 80X CF cards, and have lost a number of images. It's good to
see that both Lexar and Canon have addressed the problems. Lexar has online
RMA form and hopefully Canon will soon release a firmware to fix the
problem. I've just completed the Lexar RMA form and now waiting from Lexar
to send me instructions on how to send the CF cards back to them, and they
will either send me new cards or update the firmware. I don't believe the
firmware are user-upgradeable. Here are the links:

http://www.lexar.com/support/cust_advisory.html

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0505/05052001canonlexarale...

http://www.richardsnotes.org/archives/2005/05/27/lexarc...

cheers,
Franco
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:48:09 AM

Hi,

I have a rebel XT and I lost alot of images because of data
corruption. Ii used a 512kb 40x Lexar card. I bought the sandisk
now...

"John Doe" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in

> I've had the occational data corruption problems with my new Rebel
XT
> with 2 of my 3 Lexar 80X CF cards, and have lost a number of images.
> It's good to see that both Lexar and Canon have addressed the
> problems. Lexar has online RMA form and hopefully Canon will soon
> release a firmware to fix the problem. I've just completed the Lexar
> RMA form and now waiting from Lexar to send me instructions on how
> send the CF cards back to them, and they will either send me new
cards
> or update the firmware. I don't believe the firmware are
> user-upgradeable. Here are the links:
>
> http://www.lexar.com/support/cust_advisory.html
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0505/05052001canonlexarale...
>
> http://www.richardsnotes.org/archives/2005/05/27/lexarc...
fla
> sh-card-issues/
>

> cheers,
> Franco

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:06:24 AM

"John Doe" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> I've had the occational data corruption problems with my new Rebel XT with
> 2 of my 3 Lexar 80X CF cards, and have lost a number of images. It's good
> to see that both Lexar and Canon have addressed the problems. Lexar has
> online RMA form and hopefully Canon will soon release a firmware to fix
> the problem. I've just completed the Lexar RMA form and now waiting from
> Lexar to send me instructions on how to send the CF cards back to them,
> and they will either send me new cards or update the firmware. I don't
> believe the firmware are user-upgradeable. Here are the links:
>
> http://www.lexar.com/support/cust_advisory.html
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0505/05052001canonlexarale...
>
> http://www.richardsnotes.org/archives/2005/05/27/lexarc...
>

> cheers,
> Franco

All well and good if you can do without your memory cards for 10-20 days,
that is the quoted time from Lexar.
!