Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 560ti 448 cores

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2011 4:32:03 PM

i will be building a new PC soon, and looked at several benchmarks and found that the new gtx 560ti 448 offer a very goof price/performance ratio. specifically these ones

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit...

from these my first choice would eb the evga classified (whixh beat a 570 and 69702gb in most benchmarks), 2nd wouldbe the MSI, and last would be the gigabyte (too big for me).

i was wondering how long these cards would last (days, weeks, months .. .. probably not years) because i would like to sli two of these cards in the future (maybe 2-3 years from now or when need an fps boost in games).

here is the link to the benchmarks
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...

and here is also the link to one of my threads about my new system ( wondering if they are limited if to go SLI at all, meaning i could downgrade my mobo and PSU?)

ty in advance <3

More about : gtx 560ti 448 cores

a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 5:06:35 PM

Indeed the overclocked 560ti 448 performs similarly to a stock-clocked 570. There is no reason to think they won't "last" as long as any other card, definitely years if taken care of.

The problem with them are that they are a very limited-run card. If you want to get a 2nd card one or two years from now, it may be pretty hard to find since these are so limited. You'll definitely have to track down a used card like on Ebay and it'll probably be pricier than it should be.

My advice is to either: 1) Buy a 570 (or a 560ti regular if you can't afford it) or 2) Buy 2 of the 560ti 448s and SLI them now. OR 3) Wait till the radeon 7xxx series is released (a couple weeks) and hope that 6950 prices drop and pick up one or two of those.

Finding a second 6950, 570, or a 560ti regular will be much easier (and probably cheaper) down the road if you want to SLI later.

I didn't see the link to your specs, so I don't know if your rig supports SLI/Xfire or not.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 5:11:28 PM

Just get the GTX 570 it is faster and overclocks better than a 448.
m
l
Related resources
December 30, 2011 5:36:35 PM

larkspur said:
Indeed the overclocked 560ti 448 performs similarly to a stock-clocked 570. There is no reason to think they won't "last" as long as any other card, definitely years if taken care of.

The problem with them are that they are a very limited-run card. If you want to get a 2nd card one or two years from now, it may be pretty hard to find since these are so limited. You'll definitely have to track down a used card like on Ebay and it'll probably be pricier than it should be.

My advice is to either: 1) Buy a 570 (or a 560ti regular if you can't afford it) or 2) Buy 2 of the 560ti 448s and SLI them now. OR 3) Wait till the radeon 7xxx series is released (a couple weeks) and hope that 6950 prices drop and pick up one or two of those.

Finding a second 6950, 570, or a 560ti regular will be much easier (and probably cheaper) down the road if you want to SLI later.

I didn't see the link to your specs, so I don't know if your rig supports SLI/Xfire or not.

here is the link to ther build i was thinking of getting. maybe i should just not go SLI (meaning i can downgrade my PSU and mobo) and just stick with one gtx 560ti 448, which will probably last around 2-4 years (then i still can OC) and then just replace that card with the new cards at that time

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 5:50:35 PM

Pat22 said:
here is the link to ther build i was thinking of getting. maybe i should just not go SLI (meaning i can downgrade my PSU and mobo) and just stick with one gtx 560ti 448, which will probably last around 2-4 years (then i still can OC) and then just replace that card with the new cards at that time

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...

Well, having the option to upgrade to SLI later is always nice. But my current build doesn't use SLI or Xfire because I got sick of games coming out that didn't support it and getting stuck with the weak FPS of a single weaker card. So I go with one high-end card instead of 2 high-mid-range cards now. And I'm very glad I did since SW:TOR doesn't presently support AMD crossfire.

Regarding your build, I'd still stick with an SLI/XFire capable mobo and a name brand overkill PSU. It's always nice to have options down the road. Oh, and make sure to get a good CPU cooler and OC that 2500k up real nice :sol: 
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
December 30, 2011 9:20:51 PM

You are better off rolling the dice on a GTX 570 than with a 560ti 448. Plus the card still has the same very weak power vrm design as the 570 that being a 4+1 while the only difference is the 570 has a 4+2. The other big difference is that it only has two 6 pin connectors so power is limited there.
m
l
!