desktop issue

wil

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004

I have discovered this issue this morning after running
disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.

so i was just wondering if any1 here can help
thx

"wil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have discovered this issue this morning after running
>disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
>and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
>ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
>left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
>click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
>it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.

Check the Registry data at
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00021400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\shellex\ExtShellFolderViews\{5984FFE0-28D4-11CF-AE66-08002B2E1262}\PersistMoniker
It should read:
file://%userappdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop.htt

--
(tm)

"wil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| I have discovered this issue this morning after running
| disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
| and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
| ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
| left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
| click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
| it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.
|
| so i was just wondering if any1 here can help
| thx

Start
Run
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll