desktop issue

I have discovered this issue this morning after running
disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.

so i was just wondering if any1 here can help
thx
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop issue

    "wil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have discovered this issue this morning after running
    >disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
    >and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
    >ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
    >left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
    >click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
    >it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.

    Check the Registry data at
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00021400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\shellex\ExtShellFolderViews\{5984FFE0-28D4-11CF-AE66-08002B2E1262}\PersistMoniker
    It should read:
    file://%userappdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop.htt

    --
    (tm)

    "wil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | I have discovered this issue this morning after running
    | disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
    | and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
    | ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
    | left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
    | click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
    | it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.
    |
    | so i was just wondering if any1 here can help
    | thx

    Start
    Run
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    Enter
    Restart Windows

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP