Sign in with
Your question

Drivers break every time i shut down

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2011 6:35:12 PM

hi, every time i shut down my computer and start it back up, my drivers break... i have to reinstall them and then they work? this is becoming a neusance and so would love to know a fix... latest drivers on 560ti used on x64 win 7.
December 30, 2011 6:59:41 PM

Could you please be more specific about "my drivers break". What error message do you get?

Some ideas off the top of my head:
  • How old is the rest of your computer? A failing hard driver could be the cause of corrupted driver files.
  • Have you run a virus scan lately?

As I said, some more information would really help.
    December 30, 2011 7:18:12 PM

chippies said:
    Could you please be more specific about "my drivers break". What error message do you get?

Some ideas off the top of my head:
  • How old is the rest of your computer? A failing hard driver could be the cause of corrupted driver files.
  • Have you run a virus scan lately?

As I said, some more information would really help.

• brand new hardware, got it for cxhristmas, 4ghz i5 2500k, asrock extreme4 z68 board, 8gb 1600 ram, driver break as in programs such as minecraft (games) break, say graphics not supported... etc..
    Related resources
    December 30, 2011 7:37:40 PM

It seems that you're not alone in this problem that seems to affect OpenGL based programs. See the following NVIDIA forum threads for some more info:
  • http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=217301
  • http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=218237
  • http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=201941

The last link seems to hint at the problem being a conflict with other drivers. I'd suggest you try updating all your drivers (get the drivers from the manufacturer, not Windows Update). If that doesn't work, maybe a previous NVIDIA driver will solve the problem, or whatever the latest beta version is.

EDIT: Fixed url tags.
    December 30, 2011 7:39:10 PM

yeah, thats the problem :(  ah well, ill sort a way round it, thanks! how do i make it best awns er?
    December 30, 2011 7:45:54 PM

You should see a large button labeled "Select as best answer" in blue on the left of the "Reply to chippies" link.
    December 30, 2011 7:48:29 PM

chippies said:
    You should see a large button labeled "Select as best answer" in blue on the left of the "Reply to chippies" link.

nope i dont :'(  installing latest beta drivers :) 
    December 31, 2011 9:16:44 AM

didnt work :( 
    December 31, 2011 9:48:52 AM

Try going back to the nvidia 275 drivers, I haven't had any problem with those in Megaglest or my own OpenGL applications, so they might not have the bug. If you still don't have any luck, sorry, I'm out of ideas. Try giving the Minecraft developers as much info as you can in a bug report, maybe they can change something in their software to handle the problem.
    !