How do you load search companion (not Search) ?
For some reason, When my machine was loaded with windows
XP (A new machine) I have the old search options.

I have the windows 2000 type search and not SEARCH
Companion.

To customise the Search Companion to your own individual needs, click the "Change
Preferences" link in the Search Results Window.

As well as changing the animated search character, other possibilities include
getting rid of the character all together, turning off the balloon tips or altering
the default files and folders search behaviour.